1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Clash of Civilizations

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by Hashishim, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Hogar313

Hogar313 Chieftain

So... Any progress on the flags? :(

2. climat

climat Chieftain

1) Franz's graphic seems weird. His eyelids are white. (it's scary..)
    and after installing this, Henry VIII and Kangxi's eyes go crazy also.
    I can't find why this occurs. Am I the only one who undergo this?

2) Many new civilizations have mining or mysticism for their starting techs.
    But in RoM, Stone Tools/Ritualism should be that. (Tech tree goes like this: Stone Tools -> Mining, Ritualism -> Mysticism) So it can cause balance problem.

3) UBs which replaces colosseum should be updated because of Killtech's building upgrade chains. (Just modify xml file and it should works.)
    Mexican UB doesn't have any effect. It is same as Colosseum which it replaces. I modified it to give +2 Experience for Mounted Units. (Because Pedia said that.)
    Australian UB has same effect as Greek Odeon. Maybe tweak needed?

4) The capital of Benin should be Benin City, not Porto Novo and it can be combined with Nigeria (and you can change name as Benin Empire) because it refers to this, not Repubilc of Benin.
    (You wanted to include the latter, didn't you?)

Sorry for nitpicking. :mischief:
    I will check other things continually.

BTW, new Morocco civs comes out.

3. Hashishim

Hashishim Chieftain

@Climat

1) It will be corrected, its not only you but i felt its minor so yeah wait for the next release

2) I took the starting techs for all the new civs from one of the default civs. never just coct up my own concoction, thats how it was setted up on a new dawn.

3) Noted :)

4) Benin i never edit, i just took it from CIVGOLD, and i just changed the name, adjective,city name, and the capital is not benin city,i just made it into the modern state of Republic of Benin. Nigeria i wanted it seperate since in Afrca they always come up. So for scearios its good.

And the new Morroco Civ im going to use the leaderheads from there for the next version:)

@Hogar313, regarding the flags it got to do with the units. And how that is made i cannot change that :/ im sorry ive been trying:p

4. climat

climat Chieftain

I'm not complaining. :)
    It was just a problem of historical accuracy so it doesn't matter much, anyway.

5. zeggy

zeggy Chieftain

Just to mention Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad eyes also have graphic error

6. Talin2009

Talin2009 Chieftain

Anyone tried if its compatible with AND1.74 beta 4 and RoM 2.92?

7. Hogar313

Hogar313 Chieftain

I tried, and I got some crashing in my games which I didn't get before. Also, it seems that some of the stuff in the beta are not working in my games even though I installed everything and put everything to default. Other than that, it works fine.

8. Hashishim

Hashishim Chieftain

Its not compatible because of the memory changes, so it will crash, i will make a compatible version when the offical release is out for a new dawn (pointless making it now) Also there will be few extra changes:D

9. Grathocke

Grathocke Marquis

I don't know, I have been playing ROM 2.92/AND 1.74 beta 4 and haven't had any appreciable problems. It has crashed maybe twice, but I can load it right back and get going again. I am also using ROME and Aaranda's religions.

10. JaeChunDaeSung

JaeChunDaeSung Chieftain

I feel certain structures need to taken another look at. The one that comes to mind at the moment is the UB for Austria, which is an Opera Theater accessible with Drama.

It should replace the standard Opera House, but that's just my opinion.

11. iontom

iontom Chieftain

I want to help make a few more civs for you, but when I try using the installer for your newest version it doesn't work. I DO have an alt. install path but I've checked both hard drives x32 and x64 program files and I can't find the install anywhere. I even tried searching for the .msi in temp. Could you put up a .rar somewhere?

12. Hashishim

Hashishim Chieftain

okay i'll upload a rar file soon but its not updated to work with the current AND (1.74) and RoM(2.92) I WILL do that when an official release of AND is out:) and thanks the help will be needed.

13. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

Does that mean that the UBs that replace buildings part of the buildingchains will work as well?

Because I enjoy this Civpack and 1.74 loads much faster than 1.73 does for me so I think it would be perfect. :)

14. os79

os79 Chieftain

Killtech modmodmod use buildingclass tag, not just a building type tag, to replace. Therefore whatever UB(s) the civpack may have will be easily replaced because they are put in a building class.

15. Sonereal

That's good to hear (since I'm illiterate in modding). :lol:

16. Killtech

Killtech Discutator

partially this is true. to be more exact: upgrades of building to a new UB will work without problem. but uprgading a UB won't to a newer version won't work because it requires the UB to have the upgrade information. so instead of upgrading the new UB you can have both the UB and the next generation building in one city.

17. Sonereal

Is there a relatively simple way of getting them all part of the upgrade path or would one have to go through the buildings one-by-one to get them fully into a chain?

18. AJealousGuy

AJealousGuy Chieftain

When will this be updated to work on RoM 2.92/AND 1.74?

19. soup567

soup567 MANBEARPIG

Hopefully soon. :(

I'm still waiting for all the other modmods I use to be updated as well.

20. soup567

soup567 MANBEARPIG

Does anyone know if this is compatible with Next War Advance? Since it's basically RoM and AND with most of the other modmods I would think that it would be.