Clash of the AIs!

Tabarnak

Cut your lousy hairs!
Found 2 videos of AI game simulations. Pretty fun to watch i must say!

1st game

Spoiler :

2nd game

Spoiler :

Moderator Action: Spoiler tags added around youtube videos.

Pretty fascinating. It was a bit too fast to really take in everything that happened, but it was impressive to see the AI build those massive carpets of units and then throw them all to waste.

How do you do this?

When I use firetuner and do autoplay i don't meat the other player's and i don't see the wonders they built, and there statistics. Olso the human player is played by settler Ai

can you help me?

Could you explain how do you do this?

Hey guys! I'm glad you enjoy my videos! I have just recently uploaded a new AI deathmatch video covering custom civilizations if y'all are interested.

You can find it here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMPWdfHHkiw
Spoiler :

Let me know if you guys have any cool ideas for future AI battles. It's great to see that there is interest in this, stay tuned for more in the future! :)

Moderator Action: Youtube tag fixed and spoiler tag added.

Have no idea how you doing this but I totally love it!

Btw, second video on 1st post is totally epic. Nukes everywhere :D

And Suleiman built another city in that tiny map :lol:

...Let me know if you guys have any cool ideas for future AI battles. It's great to see that there is interest in this, stay tuned for more in the future! :)...
You couldn't do a video tutorial(with commentary if you have a mic) on how you achieve this?
As suggested earlier I'm sure many folks want to see multiple Deity Shakas slog it out.

Please keep em coming, they are quite entertaining.

Those are great videos. I watched the first one and half of the second one and they were both interesting. Ais move in so much troops and then keep moving in a lot more after their first rows are dead.

Hey guys, a video tutorial is on the way but before it uploads I will give a very in depth explanation of how its done!

Before you get started, it is absolutely necessary to download IGE, or In Game Editor, which you can find in the steam workshop. If you do not want to input anything in the game once its started, you will also have to disable the World Congress. To do this, navigate to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5 GameOptions_Expansion.xml

Open CIV5GameOptions_Expansion.xml with Notepad or Notepad++ and you'll see:

<Type>GAMEOPTION_NO_LEAGUES</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_NO_LEAGUES</Description>
<Help>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_NO_LEAGUES_HELP</Help>
<Visible>0</Visible>

Change <Visible>0</Visible> to <Visible>1</Visible>
Now when you go to Advanced Setup you'll see an option to "Disable World Congress", this is important later.

After this is done, you must start the game after downloading the mod and select "mods" from the start menu. Next, ensure that IGE and any other mods (like custom civs) you want to use are enabled.

Now you can setup a game like usual, choosing your map type, civs, gamemode et cetera. I usually only enable domination victory for my videos, as this makes for a more interesting AI game. Disable the world congress using the new option you enabled earlier, it will be in the advanced setup screen of your game.

Once you start the game, however, you need to ensure several steps are taken to make the game AI only. First, click the IGE button on the top right of your screen. If you don't see this, you have to make sure the mod downloaded and is enabled correctly. Assuming it is, click on IGE and then click on the PLAYER tab. Your civ will by default be selected, so use the menu on the left to select "reveal map / reveal all", this will disable cloud of war and allow you to see all the moves of your AI nations once the game begins.

Next up you will want to select the unit tab in IGE. Once this tab is selected, scroll to the right, and select either a submarine or a nuclear submarine. Once this is selected, right click on the far corner of your game map, near the clouds on a small map or under an ice sheet / iceberg on a normal map to spawn the hidden unit. Next, click the tile editor tab and scroll to the far right. You will see a button called "your land", click it and right click where you spawned your unit. This is to ensure that no other civ will spread their culture to your hidden submarine, which can and will end your game if a civ spreads a tile there.

After you have placed your submarine (with your one tile ownership in place), select the city / tile editor. Now click on your settler and warrior that you started the game with, and delete them using IGE. The delete command can be found in this menu. Once deleted, you are ready to start your game.

Ensure in the in game options that single player auto end turn is checked and enabled. Now, select your submarine and press " f" to sleep the unit.

Now everything is completed and you are ready to witness your AI civs battle each other ! I hope this helps, let me know if you need any further help and have fun!

Can you do this with larger map?

in the first video in the OP ... that poor French Worker, haha ....

very entertaining, Tabarnak. great find. and thanks for the creator (Alzabo) popping in to share the details on making it.

I think the lesson to be taken away from the first game is "the great wall is really powerful against AIs."

It definitely is. I stopped the huge I mean really huge Hunnic army with couple of units. Also Babylonian walls really badass.

If you guys are interested in doing this yourself (without reading the massive wall of text step by step that I posted earlier), I just made a video tutorial that will hopefully explain everything.

It is available here
Spoiler :

Hope that helps!

Moderator Action: Youtube tag fixed and wrapped inside spoiler tag.

If you guys are interested in doing this yourself (without reading the massive wall of text step by step that I posted earlier), I just made a video tutorial that will hopefully explain everything.

It is available here

Hope that helps!

The video isnt working. Is there something wrong here?

Moderator Action: Quoted video snipped

To be fair though, turning World Congress off does remove an important bit of AI interaction. I've observed my fair share of AI vs. AI games when playtesting my mod, and I can definitely say that having the AI vie for World Congress decisions, suffer from trade embargoes, be forced to deal with world ideologies, and equalize the tech playing field via Scholars in Residence does add to the game.

I'd recommend simply doing the following:
  1. Download the Civilization 5 SDK from Steam's Tools menu. You'll need this for FireTuner.
  2. Turn on the tuner by opening up config.ini (located in My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5 by default) and setting EnableTuner = 1.
  3. Start up the Civilization 5 SDK and select FireTuner.
  4. Start up a game of Civ5 with any settings you wish (and any mods you like), just make sure you set difficulty to Prince.
  5. Once you're in the game, switch over to FireTuner, select the "Game" Tab.
  6. You now have two options: you can either Autoplay 1 turn and choose to come back as OBSERVER, in which case you'll essentially be setting the game to autoplay until someone wins or you give FireTuner an overriding command (eg. selecting autoplay 1 turn and return as Player 1 in the middle of the match), or you can autoplay any number of turns and return back as any player in the game once those turns have passed. Either way, you'll become an observer with the map revealed (but not all resources revealed, you'll have to give the observer all techs and then refresh the map for that) and an AI will take over your previous civ.

To be fair though, turning World Congress off does remove an important bit of AI interaction. I've observed my fair share of AI vs. AI games when playtesting my mod, and I can definitely say that having the AI vie for World Congress decisions, suffer from trade embargoes, be forced to deal with world ideologies, and equalize the tech playing field via Scholars in Residence does add to the game.
You've seen scholars in residence pass? :eek:

I've literally never seen it pass unless I had enough votes alone to force it through alone.

Top Bottom