Clash of War(Peace)mongers on Deity - BTS

I'd to see the Khmer guy in the game, and i think i'd rather see Hannibal instead of the Incas.

Make sure Mansa Musa is in to!

Yeah, but he get's dogpiled all the time and vassaled early in the game if not destroyed.

Well, Mansa isn't one of the best defenders, but once he gets the tech lead he's pretty hard to get down. If someone decides to attack him early (which happens quite often) he's screwed. But so are the most of the AI's. And the point of the game was to pick the best warmongers and the best techers, not to tech the best attackers and best defenders. Mansa for sure is the best techer of the game.

I would like to see the Zulu´s , Dutch and the Inca in this game. They all seem to do really well in my games.

Modified List: we are narrowing down pretty quickly here :)

Since we fit in 8 players in our last Clash game, 7 AIs should be fine.

TechClub:
Mensa
Hannibal
Williem/HC

WarClub:
Catherine
Khemer guy
Shaka
Boudica (2 female warmongers are interesting!)

Human: - still undecided.
Fred (Org/Phi) I have a lot of respect for Phil trait on high levels, especially if I run an all out SE game. Some early GPs can help a lot.

Darius (Fin/Org)

FDR (Org/Ind) Some key wonders help a lot as well.

Modified List: we are narrowing down pretty quickly here :)

Since we fit in 8 players in our last Clash game, 7 AIs should be fine.

TechClub:
Mensa
Hannibal
Williem/HC

WarClub:
Catherine
Khemer guy
Shaka

Fred (Org/Phi) I have a lot of respect for Phil trait on high levels, especially if I run an all out SE game. Some early GPs can help a lot.

Darius (Fin/Org)

I think the groups is OK.

Regarding Willem or HC, I vote HC just so you have someone who is a wonderbuilder.

I don't like Willem that much, I have the feeling he's kinda sabotaging himself by focusing everything on a culture win in most cases late game. His army and basically entire empire suffers greatly almost every time I play against him. I'd like to see some other opinions on this though as I'm not fully sure. I often finish him early in the game.

Fred would be a good human leader too, as cottages give me allergies, but I'd still prefer Darius over the other two. ^^

PS: Will aggressive AI be on or off? (hoping on)

I think the groups is OK.

Regarding Willem or HC, I vote HC just so you have someone who is a wonderbuilder.

Yeah, agreed. With no industrous civs this would be too easy ;)

Darius (Fin/Org)

Seems you have most respect for Org ;)

I think Org will pay off only if we do some heavy conquest early on. FDR and Fred lack UU and combat traits so the Org combo is not that good. Darius, or Ceaser, sure.

how about napoleon: charismatic, organised so can run war civics cheap for many many many promotions. he can be very useful on higher levels where you are heavily outnumbered.

Seems you have most respect for Org ;)

I think Org will pay off only if we do some heavy conquest early on. FDR and Fred lack UU and combat traits so the Org combo is not that good. Darius, or Ceaser, sure.

On a tight map like this on Deity, it is necessary for us to secure a decent piece of land whether by conquest or a lucky position where we can "block" out some back yard to develop. That is why I think Organized is the trait that most directly improve our odds at land grab while not going broke.

It kicks in at turn 1 and will only get better when we grow bigger.

Cheap Univerity/Factory/Courthouse should help too if we survive that far :lol:

Also I have not played this trait much before so like to give it a shot.

Fred becomes a powerhouse @ Assembly line, again, if we survive that far... If we take him, will probably rely on bulbing/trading/Rex to stay close, I am confident about our war skills as not relying on any war bonus early on.

It's lighthouse not university. (university would be pretty much awesome!)

I would like to see Roosevelt :p, even though if he has late UU's UB's ;) (Both Freddy and Roosevelt have given me very funny games so either of these are good, Darius is too cash focused for my taste :p)

It's University from Philo.

Between Fred and FDR, I vote Fred. Chances to see UB/UU in action are better.

Thought he was only talking about Organized. Wasn't too obvious if he was talking about Freddy. Freddy might be the best choice (since this is Deity after all) i don't know what key wonders he might snag, but odds are good that he need Stone or Marble anyway to build right? (Especially with HC in the game if he is picked)

how about napoleon: charismatic, organised so can run war civics cheap for many many many promotions. he can be very useful on higher levels where you are heavily outnumbered.

I think Darius is probably the best leader for any Deity game, but since some of us are "alergic" to cottages :lol: maybe we opt for the next most suitable leader.

Yes Napolean is an excellent leader for us since we might have to fight a lot of wars to stay close.

It's lighthouse not university
yes, I meant combined with Phi (cheap university?), i am a little rusty about these things just picking up the game again.

OK so the top cadidates for human are:

Fred (Phi/Org)
Nappy(Cha/Org)
FDR(Ind/Org)
JC(Imp/Org)
AC(Cre/Org)

Yes, the Cesars also excel at early land robbing(grabbing)!

did we miss any org leaders besides Darius? :lol:

Is AC short for Augustus Caesar? If so you got his traits wrong, he's Industrious+Imperialistic in BTS. The other Org leaders are Asoka (spi), Mehmed (exp), Ethiopia (cre) and Hammurabi (agg).

My vote goes to Mehmed, pretty sweet UB and +2 health on Pangea is ok as well as most cities are not near coast = less health, or Fred. Those cottages really do give me allergies, so I'd rather not be financial. If i make a lot cottages the game gets boring and tedious, and if I don't (with a financial leader) it feels like im not playing optimal. So basically I retract my statement saying I prefer Darius over the other two.

Ok I just thought about this again:

Cesars are too much dependent on Iron, if we get it, it might get "boring" that we just spam Prats.

We already used a Charismatic leader(Brennus) in the first Clash game, so lets go with Fred this time. His traits call for a more creative and versatile gaming style, it should be fun.

So here we go:

Settings:

BTS3.13/Pangaea/Deity/Standard Size/Normal Speed

TechClub:
Mensa
Hannibal
HC

WarClub:
Catherine
Khemer guy
Shaka

Human:
Fred (Org/Phi)

I will set this up this weekend.

You still didn't mention whether aggressive AI will be on or off. Unless you mean off by not mentioning it at all I suppose. Personally I find the game harder with aggressive AI on at higher difficulties. That early landgrab in the BCs and early ADs is much harder to pull off. We might have our hands full already though, so maybe aggressive AI would make it very likely to fail, especially if we're unlucky with our starting position.

Settings changed. I played an mini experimental game under our settings and found Pangaea was nearly impossible, I had a successful early rush on Hannibal, but the Khmer guy and Cathy dogpiled me at 400BC with huge stacks of Swords/Catepults/Chariots. There was nothing I could do. Look:

So I changed map type to Continents, and took out Shaka as it is too crowded.

Here we go:

Settings:

BTS3.13/Continents/Deity/Standard Size/Normal Speed

TechClub:
Mensa
Hannibal
HC

WarClub:
Catherine
Khemer guy

Human:
Fred (Org/Phi)

This should be a good one.

Let me know what you guys think.

Top Bottom