1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Classic 33?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of the Month' started by Qpdaj, Jul 10, 2004.

1. Qpdaj

Qpdaj Chieftain

I know for me personally the first half of this month has absolutely FLOWN by; I finished and submitted my Classic 32 game yesterday (the first chance I'd had in weeks) before I realized what the date was...

So, since Classic 33 isn't out yet, is my submission good? ;)

2. Qpdaj

Qpdaj Chieftain

Doh! I just realized I was a week ahead of myself. Nevermind then... :blush:

3. Xevious

Xevious 1 Solvalou left

Actually it's only 5 days away, maybe this should be the start of the pre-game speculation?

4. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Supporter GOTM Staff

The submissions form has a life all of its own now, untouched by human hand ;) Ainwood tells it when it can accept submissions and when to stop when he creates each game. When GOTM32 submissions are no longer allowed you will be told so when you try to upload them. The upload page also states what games are being accepted at any time.

If the date arithmetic in my code is right (no guarantees :D ) then GOTM 32 should be open until about 12:00 noon on 16th July, GMT. I say "about" because (a) the server clock is not synchronised to anything except maybe Thunderfall's kitchen egg timer, and (b) the PHP and MySql specs are a bit obscure abut how they handle daylight saving time.

5. Xerol

Xerol Chieftain

Seems to be whatever timezone you set it to, minus 20 minutes. Assuming you set the timezone correctly(when I first joined, and for about a year afterward, I had it set at GMT+5 instead of GMT-5...and I wondered why everything was 9 hours and 40 minutes off....)

And I think we're just about due for a Spec thread, aren't we?

6. AlanH

You see my point ;)

7. eldar

eldar ChiefTank

It's the 11th, and GOTM33 is due soon, right? And no pre-game thread? Hmm.

Neil. :cool:

8. alamo

alamo bang!

I've been waiting patiently for the handout, too.

9. SirPleb

SirPleb Shaken, not stirred.

Impressive! :clap: You should be a very proud father! :hatsoff:

10. AlanH

Thanks SirPleb, I am rather. It was a totally selfish act, however, as it's the only way I can arrange for Ainwood to do all the work of getting the game into play so that I don't see any spoiler info - Jason factors and such. Now I hope I'll be able to play the Classic game for real this month and give Sam a run for his money ;) Or not!

11. deadloss

deadloss Chieftain

I think we're about due having a stab at controlling the Germans or the Zulus aren't we? I don't remember playing either of those recently.

That's my wild guesses for GOTM#33.

12. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

I'll post the speculation / pre-game discussion tonight (about 8 hours from the timestamp on this post). :)

13. Aeson

Aeson orangesoda Retired Moderator

I will speculate that the pre-game discussion thread will be 7h 43m from the timestamp on ainwood's post. And that he uses the letter "e" extensively in his post.