Classics that don't suck

Kenneth Branagh's movie

Speaking of Kenneth Branagh movies, I liked Murder on the Orient Express, the book. The movie was meh.

Also I remember liking Lord of the Flies but it has probably been 15 years or so since I've read it.

Dangit, how could I have forgotten about Dumas?
Speaking of Kenneth Branagh movies, I liked Murder on the Orient Express, the book. The movie was meh.
If you want to follow the great detectives then Poirot is David Suchet and Maigret is Bruno Cremer. Accept no substitutes.

The reason I wanted to read it? There's a Count of Monte Cristo computer game. I tried it, loved it, and wanted to read the story it was based on.

This one?
The Count of Monte Cristo is an epic Hidden Object game based on the famous novel by Alexander Dumas. Help the romantic hero, Edmond Dantes, escape from a perilous prison and exact his vengeance on those who betrayed him. Follow the thrilling plot as you scour scenes for thousands of hidden objects, investigate 8 suspects, and solve over 15 puzzles. Find the person that wrongfully imprisoned you in this one-of-a-kind adventure!

• Cleveryly hidden items
  • Based on a masterpiece
  • Engrossing story

https://www.bigfishgames.com/games/2357/the-count-of-monte-cristo/

Last edited:
Well, of course. Many if not most of the writers from that time worked like that.

Yeah, Dickens is the windbag that he is for that reason. But again, if you're gonna give us words that good, then, by all means, go to it.

Top Bottom