1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Cleopatra and Soothsayers

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by justinfernal, Jun 28, 2020.

1. justinfernal

justinfernal Chieftain

I'm using Soothsayers with Cleopatra to flood the floodplains. I've been getting 1000 year floods and the similar, however, nothing happens. This is six charges across 3 soothsayers. In all instances, no units damaged, no tiles damaged, and nothing fertilized. I'm expecting the lack of damage, but not the lack of fertilization. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

2. wesplaysciv

wesplaysciv Chieftain

Consensus is that soothsayers don't provide the benefits from disasters, except for forest fires.
    For floods, the only use in your empire comes if you have the great bath.

3. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis King

Blizzards are an oversight too. I tried some out in tundra and they did add food to some tiles. But there was some pop loss and pillaged districts with it, so it wasn't worth it.

AFAIK, the only real abuse is using it in a city with the Great Bath. No food or production yields but it adds faith every time.

4. justinfernal

justinfernal Chieftain

That's really good to know, thanks!

5. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Cleo really needs those soothsayers, a 1/1 Nile tile is a touch odd.

bbbt and justinfernal like this.
  6. Futumch

Futumch Calm as a Coma

The title of this topic seems like a pretty good Rock Band name to me.

7. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

This is incorrect. When using a soothsayer, multi-turn disasters such as blizzards and haboobs add tile yields. Single-turn disasters such as floods and volcanic eruptions don't appear to add yields. Carl (Firaxis) confirmed that the yields added by haboobs and others are intentional and not an oversight. However, he didn't say anything about the single-turn disasters not providing yields.

8. bitula

bitula Prince

In my case my soothsayer's flood did damage to population, building and units but no extra yield. I wonder if this is a bug or a feature. I would have liked it better if it adds yields, since what's the point in this: lets exclude floods and volcano form yielding and everything else adds yields. This doesn't make sense.

9. tanktop4158

tanktop4158 Chieftain

you have to use disaster inrtenisy to highest to use them......right?

I turn it down to 0 usually for my solo games cuz the disaters usually only hit me :/

yea in multi every one wants it up to highest but I find that fair cuz its equal chance when all human players