1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Click on Scientist Crash

Discussion in 'Civ3 Conquests - Bug Reports' started by Birdjaguar, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Entangled Retired Moderator Supporter

I did not see this bug listed on the forum; if there is a previous listing please excuse the post.

Description of problem - When I click on a
    scientist head to change it, Game crashes to desktop
    Steps to reproduce - Open saved game(battle.sav); open city with scientist (Amsterdam is one), click on head.
    Observed result - Games crashes to desk top

I'm at 1804 AD in a monarch level Epic game. I don't usually mess with city heads until late in a game, so I don't know if I successfully clicked on a scientist prior to the crash tonight. But I have repeated the problem several times.

The game does not crash when I change an entertainer to tax collector or Tax collector to scientist. My file uploaded ok and I think this will take you there.

Sumersave

The file was there, just that it's case sensative. ;)
    -- Chieftess

My link does not show up on my post?? The save file is Battle.sav on uploads6.

2. zurichuk

zurichuk Chieftain

are you using an old graphics mod which doesn't include the graphics for policemen / civil engineers? i recall someone else having this problem near the beginning of conquests

3. Birdjaguar

I am using snoppy's C3C graphcs mod. I wonder if when i loaded it, I lost the police and engineers. How do I check for those graphics? Thanks!

4. Birdjaguar

Thanks Chieftess!

5. Birdjaguar

Thanks Zurichuk! That was the problem. I was using a 2001 popheads file.

No bug at all. mea culpa, mea culpa.

6. Moonsinger

Moonsinger Settler Retired Moderator

Is there a solution for this? I mean other than restoring the original graphic file (since I can barely make head and tail of the original graphic anyway, I do not wish to go there).

Edit: Never mind! I have found the solution. Just in case anyone is having the same problem, here is the link to the new smiley graphic mod for C3C:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=1344474#post1344474

7. Birdjaguar

Thanks Moonsinger, I was wondering if I had to stick with the "impossible to distinguish" vanilla popheads. I'm off to your link! How are you doing on Sid?