1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[RD] Clinton vs. Trump - USA Presidential race.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by onejayhawk, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

They aren't remotely on the same level with respect to gaffes, of course...

Sommerswerd likes this.
  2. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

I was watching old clips of his 2012 efforts. It's astounding how little he learned about the various world situations. He didn't study for the job, even though he's wanted it for a long time. I'm starting to think China stiffed him on a deal, too.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5185273692001/

Here's a bit on media bias (his complaints are fair, but he forgets they sell stories, not news). I'm starting to think Trump made a move on Kelly, she's pretty mad about it. But my question is whether people are concerned the Trump fans will out-enthuse and show up at the polls more?

3. onejayhawk

onejayhawk Afflicted with reason

Since when?

The Clinton machine is indeed competent at evading prosecution. I do not consider that a virtue.

J

4. tetley

tetley Head tea leaf

You mean Kellyanne Conway, his campaign manager?

5. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

Iam pretty sure he was impeached for having an extra marital affair, by Republicans that were having extra marital affairs, including molesting underage school boys
    Meanwhile the next President oversaw the deaths of 3000 Americans and lied to invade another country.

And you wonder why accusation by Republicans aren't taken seriously anymore.
    Iam willing to accept Hitlery is both corrupt, underhanded and two faced but when you compare her with what Republicans have to offer, its not a contest.

6. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

It's not really astounding if you work off the assumption that he's bottom quartile in intelligence. Really, everything about Trump makes perfect sense with the understanding that he's an unintelligent and unremarkable human being, and a messed up system managed to place him where he is.

Even Trump's particular personality traits and predilections aren't very interesting - he just acts on instinct/emotion rather than directing his words or actions as a result of coherent logical thought.

Blame whoever failed to appropriately discipline child Donny, and all the greedy people who enabled him throughout his life.

Lohrenswald likes this.
  7. tetley

tetley Head tea leaf

Please tell me this election is just one turn of anarchy in my latest Civ game. Please God. I switched civics, I've been playing way too late, and this is just a half-dream I'm having.

8. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd Rest in Peace Black Panther

I was raised in the Jehovah's Witness religion... They don't refer to their faith as "the Jehovah's Witness religion" or "Witnesscism", or "Jehovahstantism"... they refer to it as "The Truth"... for the same reason that Veritas and Pravda chose those names... and I'd wager with roughly equivalent accuracy...
    Your position is exactly what I expected, and makes perfect sense, because you reject the premise of the argument... that the Republicans are wrong. You believe that Republican/conservative ideology is correct, so you understandably think the liberal media is being unfair. And if you think there is no objective truth, and that both parties policies have equal merit, than you essentially should support the "fairness doctrine" (both sides get equal airtime), which ironically, among Republicans is considered an unspeakable heresy that no conservative worth his salt would be caught dead supporting.
    Thanks. At least somebody thinks so:)

9. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

One can easily see why the politicians are more than happy to be whitewashed with "both do it!" arguments, but for the public to do the same is really ominous.
    Reminds me of very poor people supporting their football team and feeling they themselves achieve something if one of the millionaire players scores a goal.

10. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Deity

Beat the speed cops by going 55 mph. :cool:

11. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd Rest in Peace Black Panther

Of course, but again, even if, for the sake of discussion, you step into the realm of false equivalence that TrumpSADs are advocating, you are still end up with the unavoidable conclusion that Hillary is the most competent. That's the only point I was making ... As Adjica said (paraphrasing) I want my evil overlords to at least be good at their job.:p

12. metalhead

metalhead Angry Bartender

I'm guessing that it never occurred to you that perhaps the reason they evade prosecution is because they don't actually commit crimes. And that the people who keep telling you they do might be the ones who are lying.

13. El_Machinae

It's fair. Though it's easy to backfit a narrative.

Something occured to me. He campaigned both times on China currency manipulation. Whenever he wanted to talk about it, he gets rabbitholed by the interviewer. Is there a soundbyte out there where we can explore whether he even can discuss it cogently?

14. Gori the Grey

Gori the Grey The Poster

He didn't bother to brush up between debates on a point that to which he knew he gave a bogus answer. Both times asked about Aleppo, he muddled through equally half-assed non-answers. You could tell he was bothered about not having an answer to "What if Aleppo falls?" in the second debate, but he didn't bother acquainting himself with what is happening in Aleppo for the third debate and just pivoted to "we shouldn't telegraph our intentions in Mosul."

Zelig's got it right. He simply is of well-below-average intelligence. Even he knows it, and he has a go-to option for dealing with it: bluster. I'm sure he's been able to make that work in the NY real world, having been given a big lead by his father. But he's made a miserable impression as a presidential candidate.

15. tetley

tetley Head tea leaf

My opinion of Newt Gingrich just dropped. He called Megan Kelly "obsessed with sex". Mr. Republican House Speaker himself, who spearheaded the impeachment on Bill Clinton for sexual conduct (that wasn't even sexual assault). What a hypocrite.

16. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

That was still possible?

17. El_Machinae

I'm trying to think of a meme.

"You see a successful businessman. I see that someone who gets enough 'loans' from daddy can become wealthy in today's America."

18. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

‘Mainstream’? Dunno, the single most watched cable news channel in the USA, FOX News, isn't exactly run by a bunch of Clinton supporters.
    About $2 billion in free airtime IIRC.
    Oh yes.

19. Thedrin

Thedrin Deity

Reminds me of:
    "Gina Rinehart is living proof that any woman who has enough intelligence and determination, and who is heir to one of Australia's largest mining operations, can go onto run one of Australia's largest mining operations"

20. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

Don't hurt J's head, it's already suffering as is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.