1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[RD] Clinton vs. Trump - USA Presidential race.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by onejayhawk, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThERat

ThERat Chieftain

If we could put all those alt-right clowns in a big bowl where they can beat the crap out of each other and leave the rest of us alone.

Maybe it's also a typical human response. Faced with an insurmountable challenge such as climate change, they go into denial mode and then blame everything on someone else but themselves.

2. Archbob

Archbob Ancient CFC Guardian

Didn't Germany already try that with the Nazis? I thought it didn't end well.

Angst and Kyriakos like this.
  3. AdrienIer

AdrienIer Chieftain

Please tell the AfP followers. If you think people learn from the mistakes of the past you haven't been paying attention

4. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

The alt-right in the US exists cause Clinton dems are right by any reasonable standard. So the republican party (unable to move to the left) becomes even more right to appear different.

5. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

I wonder how having a multi party system would impact american politics. I kind of think that the democrats would be more prone to splitting up than republicans. A progressive Bernie party and a moderate Hillary party. Though I suppose republican split with a Trump tea party faction and a Jeb Bush fiscal conservative faction would be possible too.

6. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I don't think Jeb Bush will lead a Republican faction of any shape or form. Now Ryan, maybe.

But if we look at whenever Ryan and Trump publicly came into conflict, it's Ryan's numbers that dipped while Trump's remained constant. Traditional conservatives have a hard lesson to learn, and it's that purported conservative ideals like free trade, free speech, small government and constitutionalism are not the majority in their party, and probably haven't been for quite some time.

They took dogwhistling lessons so it's not like they didn't learn anything.

7. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

People looking to slow the altRight need better memetic crafting. Zippy catchphrases that intuitively make sense to most people.

8. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

But the alt right colonised the meme factories first. Their strike is systematic and well prepared.

9. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

It's really funny to read news articles right now because the comments are all "(Dem favored) state X is going to Trump because I live in X and everyone I talk to votes Trump and all I see is Trump road signs etc."

Phrossack likes this.
  10. Gori the Grey

Gori the Grey The Poster

I'll take up this challenge. My first bid has been to speak of them as the dolt-Right. You can think of it as my dismissive nickname for them.

I wonder where I got the idea of using dismissive nicknames to denigrate a political opponent.

11. Owen Glyndwr

Owen Glyndwr La Femme Moderne

The Republican party is itself a coalition of various elements. You have the Evangelical Moral Majority, the Small Government Libertarians, And your alt-right. The Republican party seems more cohesive because the party aggressively culled dissidents last decade (the so-called RINOs; Republican-in-name-only). However the cracks are beginning to show once again, especially in light of the fact that for a party to find success in this day and age necessitates courting POC and women.

If you made it viable for multiple parties to succeed in this country, I imagine you'd almost immediately see a split between the evangelical wing of the party and the libertarian/socially-liberal-economically-conservative party. If anything you'd probably see that wing of the Republican party, and the base Democrats (the standard party line when it's not being pushed left by Bernie/Elizabeth Warren/etc) merge into a centrist party.

12. onejayhawk

onejayhawk Afflicted with reason

I see what you did there.;)

Catch terms are all they use--racist, homophobe, sexist, etc.--regardless of applicability.

Mostly accurate except that the libertarian/socially-liberal-economically-conservative portion of the electorate is typically independent. Where are the Democrat converts, which is a big chunk of the Trump support?

J

13. madviking

madviking north american scum

i love the smell of a wasted vote in the morning :p

14. tetley

tetley Head tea leaf

I'll say. The Democrat option isn't even on there.

15. Archbob

Archbob Ancient CFC Guardian

You won't be laughing when Trump becomes supreme leader.

16. madviking

madviking north american scum

i won't be laughing when either hrc or trump becomes supreme leader

Kyriakos likes this.
  17. Kyriakos

How many hours till the results start being streamed?

18. Gori the Grey

Gori the Grey The Poster

Eight.

But that's when some states' results will start being available. It may take a while for them to be conclusive.

19. shadowplay

shadowplay your ad here

7-8 hours I would approximate.

Don't forget about the wildly inaccurate panic speculation that will occur within that time.

20. Kyriakos

That is way too long. Can't you get the NSA or FBI to give the results they prepared? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.