[RD] Clinton vs. Trump - USA Presidential race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we could put all those alt-right clowns in a big bowl where they can beat the crap out of each other and leave the rest of us alone.

Maybe it's also a typical human response. Faced with an insurmountable challenge such as climate change, they go into denial mode and then blame everything on someone else but themselves.

Is it ? The alt-right is gaining ground all around the world. It almost won in Austria it's going to have a majority in many regions in France next year and it won in the Philippines. It's even gaining ground in Germany.

Didn't Germany already try that with the Nazis? I thought it didn't end well.

Please tell the AfP followers. If you think people learn from the mistakes of the past you haven't been paying attention

It is my perspective after all. As a progressive type, I am baffled by the mereexistence of the alt-right.

The alt-right in the US exists cause Clinton dems are right by any reasonable standard. So the republican party (unable to move to the left) becomes even more right to appear different.

I wonder how having a multi party system would impact american politics. I kind of think that the democrats would be more prone to splitting up than republicans. A progressive Bernie party and a moderate Hillary party. Though I suppose republican split with a Trump tea party faction and a Jeb Bush fiscal conservative faction would be possible too.

I don't think Jeb Bush will lead a Republican faction of any shape or form. Now Ryan, maybe.

But if we look at whenever Ryan and Trump publicly came into conflict, it's Ryan's numbers that dipped while Trump's remained constant. Traditional conservatives have a hard lesson to learn, and it's that purported conservative ideals like free trade, free speech, small government and constitutionalism are not the majority in their party, and probably haven't been for quite some time.

Please tell the AfP followers. If you think people learn from the mistakes of the past you haven't been paying attention
They took dogwhistling lessons so it's not like they didn't learn anything.

People looking to slow the altRight need better memetic crafting. Zippy catchphrases that intuitively make sense to most people.

But the alt right colonised the meme factories first. Their strike is systematic and well prepared.

It's really funny to read news articles right now because the comments are all "(Dem favored) state X is going to Trump because I live in X and everyone I talk to votes Trump and all I see is Trump road signs etc."

People looking to slow the altRight need better memetic crafting. Zippy catchphrases that intuitively make sense to most people.

I'll take up this challenge. My first bid has been to speak of them as the dolt-Right. You can think of it as my dismissive nickname for them.

I wonder where I got the idea of using dismissive nicknames to denigrate a political opponent.

I wonder how having a multi party system would impact american politics. I kind of think that the democrats would be more prone to splitting up than republicans. A progressive Bernie party and a moderate Hillary party. Though I suppose republican split with a Trump tea party faction and a Jeb Bush fiscal conservative faction would be possible too.

The Republican party is itself a coalition of various elements. You have the Evangelical Moral Majority, the Small Government Libertarians, And your alt-right. The Republican party seems more cohesive because the party aggressively culled dissidents last decade (the so-called RINOs; Republican-in-name-only). However the cracks are beginning to show once again, especially in light of the fact that for a party to find success in this day and age necessitates courting POC and women.

If you made it viable for multiple parties to succeed in this country, I imagine you'd almost immediately see a split between the evangelical wing of the party and the libertarian/socially-liberal-economically-conservative party. If anything you'd probably see that wing of the Republican party, and the base Democrats (the standard party line when it's not being pushed left by Bernie/Elizabeth Warren/etc) merge into a centrist party.

I see what you did there.;)

Catch terms are all they use--racist, homophobe, sexist, etc.--regardless of applicability.

The Republican party is itself a coalition of various elements. You have the Evangelical Moral Majority, the Small Government Libertarians, And your alt-right. The Republican party seems more cohesive because the party aggressively culled dissidents last decade (the so-called RINOs; Republican-in-name-only). However the cracks are beginning to show once again, especially in light of the fact that for a party to find success in this day and age necessitates courting POC and women.

If you made it viable for multiple parties to succeed in this country, I imagine you'd almost immediately see a split between the evangelical wing of the party and the libertarian/socially-liberal-economically-conservative party. If anything you'd probably see that wing of the Republican party, and the base Democrats (the standard party line when it's not being pushed left by Bernie/Elizabeth Warren/etc) merge into a centrist party.
Mostly accurate except that the libertarian/socially-liberal-economically-conservative portion of the electorate is typically independent. Where are the Democrat converts, which is a big chunk of the Trump support?

J

Eight.

But that's when some states' results will start being available. It may take a while for them to be conclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom