1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[RD] Clinton vs. Trump - USA Presidential race.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by onejayhawk, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phrossack

Phrossack Armored Fish and Armored Men

He's winning all battleground states and will win with 272.

Congress will also be entirely Republican-controlled.

2. Thedrin

Thedrin Deity

Virginia's looking a little better now. But I'm close to calling it a loss and going to bed.

3. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老仁森林

that's a pretty long thread you know

4. innonimatu

innonimatu Deity

So it was that Hillary achieved what no one else could: making Trump win.

I admit I'll enjoy seeing all those people in the corporations, media and foreign governments who backed her and disparaged Trump squirm in the future when they have to deal with Trump as president... interesting times ahead.

Kyriakos likes this.
  5. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Hm..

If something like that happens, how will the next few days be like re protests etc?

(i just have no way to call the elections, i am just listening to media -well, LOLfox to be honest-- and then reading posters here mentioning other media-- they are far cheaper than i thought! - claiming Trump may win).

6. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Having not followed the NYT prediction throughout the election, I'm not sure how much to trust them, but they're currently giving Trump at >95% chance in Florida. This is not so concerning for the Democrats, in the sense that this is what 538's model predicted right up until yesterday. What is very concerning for Democrats is Michigan, with NYT now project Trump has a 53% chance of winning.

At this stage Clinton's national lead is projected at about 2.2%. That's maybe a point or so more favourable to Trump, but by and large the polls don't appear to have been that far off. The exit polls, however, have not accurately predicted Clinton's outperforming her polls.

7. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

Democrats seem to be salvaging Virginia. Florida seems to be slipping away from them though, with little left to count. Reminds us of 2000?

Thinks are not looking very good for the Democrats, but they have some hope that the urban districts that report late will save them.

8. Phrossack

For years I've told people that we are, at heart, a fiercely anti-intellectual, violent, and bigoted people. Everyone disagreed.

The warning signs have been years in the making, and nobody really cared.
    Use the search function. I can't, since I'm on my phone.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2016
  9. Kyriakos

I do agree. I mean Trump is a clown. It says volumes that Hillary may now even lose to him.

10. innonimatu

innonimatu Deity

I doubt there will be anything relevant. The really interesting thing will be whether the democratic party can do its house-cleaning and start kicking the clintonites out. Perhaps it's too rotten already (sold out to corporations) but perhaps not. Some years in the opposition, after a humiliating defeat for the clintons and their allies, may be just what it needed.

There will also be plenty of foreign politicians regretting they've stated their preferences about this election. And suddenly more fearful of "populism" in their own countries.

11. CaptainF

CaptainF The Professional Poster

So now we're acting like Trump wins, this early? We have states that haven't even closed polls yet.

12. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

Trump is not close to winning. There hasn't be a surprise call yet.

13. GoodEnoughForMe

GoodEnoughForMe n.m.s.s.

Even if he doesn't, the fact that he is so close is a total death knell to any hope about white americans.

14. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

Clinton now leading Virginia, according to 538...She needs to win this one...

15. schlaufuchs

schlaufuchs La Femme Moderne

Thankfully it's looking increasingly like Clinton is going to carry Virginia.

16. innonimatu

innonimatu Deity

You're right of course, it's still guesses.

17. Phrossack

He's openly refused to rule out using nuclear weapons on our own allies for no reason.

Something irreparable is going to happen. Russia, China, the KKK, and Islamic terrorist organizations are the real winners here.

18. Kyriakos

Florida and Ohio were most likely to go to Trump?

19. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

Betting markets are like chinese gamblers throwing money at trends they both don't know about and don't care about

Markets have swings from like 80-20 to 40-60 to 60-40 to 50-50 whenever there is uncertainty

20. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd Rest in Peace Black Panther

Shocking results tonight. I said a long time ago that I thought Trump was the only Republican that could make it close, but frankly I had discounted the idea that it could still be close a long time back and gotten pretty comfortable with the idea that Hillary would win convincingly.

Regardless of how this turns out I am going on the record right now that J was right and I was wrong about how close this would be. I just hope that she can hold on and win at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.