[RD] Clinton vs. Trump - USA Presidential race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocking results tonight. I said a long time ago that I thought Trump was the only Republican that could make it close, but frankly I had discounted the idea that it could still be close a long time back and gotten pretty comfortable with the idea that Hillary would win convincingly.

Regardless of how this turns out I am going on the record right now that J was right and I was wrong about how close this would be. I just hope that she can hold on and win at this point.

Lol. Sorry for taking the opportunity to rub this in, but you did a Comey u-turn there m8 :D

Anyway, would a REALLY REALLY REALLY close vote be more trouble or not?
I mean i think neither will immediately concede then.

Even if he doesn't, the fact that he is so close is a total death knell to any hope about white americans.

Oh absolutely, no argument there. White americans are violent, stupid and racist, by and large. I say this as a white person.

Florida and Ohio were most likely to go to Trump?
Ohio yes, 538 had Trump ahead in Florida until Monday, then Clinton edged in front in their prediction to have a 53% chance of winning. Without Florida, Trump loses 95% of the time, so while it's a must win for him, Clinton has more options without Florida.

Those options, though, involve winning Michigan & Wisconsin, which are looking surprisingly competitive in a way which the polls didn't really pick up.

Polls definitely failed big time on this election, and on Brexit...What's going on?
Not really - the polls aren't that far off the national vote. There might be a bit of variance in a couple of states, like Michigan & Wisconsin, but overall the polls aren't showing massive error.

Clinton must win VA, WI, and MI to win.

Georgia hasn't been called because, although Trump has a very healthy lead, the vote is being counted slowly.

Results only just started coming in for Arizona.

That is the same for a lot of Clinton states such as MN, PA, and WI
Yeah, that's true too. Which means I think the upshot is that neither camp should really be worrying too much at the moment. It's not particularly productive, and is based on quite scarce information.

This looking like the best map for Clinton. Need to win MI and WI and PA.
edit: ARGH, can't get the map to work.

Yeah, that's true too. Which means I think the upshot is that neither camp should really be worrying too much at the moment. It's not particularly productive, and is based on quite scarce information.
Yeah - this feels much like a typical election night to me. Probably clear up in about an hour.

Holy horsehocky, this is a weird night. Brexit, Trump, seriously?

I'm not super partisan but I don't even know. This isn't healthy, somewhat respectable conservatism here. It's something horsehockytier.

Re 538's live prediction - it appears they might have two forecasts - one is what updates in the right-hand column of their live blog whenever a state is called. The other appears to periodically be posted in their blog feed, e.g. there was one just posted which says the 'model' now predicts a 55% chance of victory for Clinton in Michigan.

Edit: actually it appears it's the one model, but they've fed 'too close to call' into it as a call, which they haven't done for Florida. That drops the overall chances of Clinton to 60%.

No offense, but that's easy to say for someone who doesn't have to live here.

No offense, but that's easy to say for someone who doesn't have to live here.
There's an argument that the US President has more power in the rest of the world than they do in the US, but yeah, fair enough, that's probably why. I'm invested, but it's probably easier for me to watch from the sidelines.

This just adds to the reasons why I hate the Midwest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom