[RD] Clinton vs. Trump - USA Presidential race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, J, it is not prejudice when it is based solely on having watched the man campaign over the last year. I didn't believe he was a Nazi last summer. That would have been prejudice.

Calling him a Nazi may be prejudicial, in that I want others to believe he is a Nazi regardless of what they personally know of him and how he campaigns, and I'll own up to that. It's exactly what I want to do. I want every person who steps into a voting booth in November to believe that Donald Trump is a Nazi, because it's far too close to the truth for comfort. And people who try to explain that away as political hyperbole, or draw an equivalence between Nazi Trump and anyone who is running or has ever run for President of the United States, can quite frankly go to hell. Those comparisons are total BS and not befitting anyone with any kind of intellectual honesty or appreciation of history.

metalhead said:
I didn't believe he was a Nazi last summer. That would have been prejudice.

It would have been foresight. I knew how Nazi-like he was last summer. I've known it since he peddled the birther nonsense about Obama years ago.

No, J, it is not prejudice when it is based solely on having watched the man campaign over the last year. I didn't believe he was a Nazi last summer. That would have been prejudice.

Calling him a Nazi may be prejudicial, in that I want others to believe he is a Nazi regardless of what they personally know of him and how he campaigns, and I'll own up to that. It's exactly what I want to do. I want every person who steps into a voting booth in November to believe that Donald Trump is a Nazi, because it's far too close to the truth for comfort. And people who try to explain that away as political hyperbole, or draw an equivalence between Nazi Trump and anyone who is running or has ever run for President of the United States, can quite frankly go to hell. Those comparisons are total BS and not befitting anyone with any kind of intellectual honesty or appreciation of history.

Spot on. At this point the more prejudicial conversation, the better.

He seems more Mussolini than Hitler to me, only this time it's Mussolini with the world's strongest military, second-largest economy, largest network of allies, and a nuclear arsenal.

So, not much better, truthfully.

He seems more Mussolini than Hitler to me, only this time it's Mussolini with the world's strongest military, second-largest economy, largest network of allies, and a nuclear arsenal.

So, not much better, truthfully.

I agree, technically. I just think more people understand a Hitler reference and as I said, at this point the more prejudicial the better.

BTW: Interesting comment on CNN that I have no way to substantiate...dude says that Clinton is polling much stronger among Sanders supporters than Obama polled among Clinton supporters at this point in 2008.

Yeah, last summer was before he peddled this.

Good thing there's no racial controversy in the country for him to bungle with ineptitude.

Honestly, it was using a man's disability to discredit him that did it for me. Lots of equally troubling things have happened since then, of course, but we all know that the Master Race has no place for the disabled. They can't be trusted.

Honestly, it was using a man's disability to discredit him that did it for me. Lots of equally troubling things have happened since then, of course, but we all know that the Master Race has no place for the disabled. They can't be trusted.

I would expect to see more of Anastasia Somoza on that subject. There were plenty of haymakers to Trump's chin from the heavy hitters last night, but I think the hard body shots from her, the dreamers, and the bilked widow will do the most lasting damage.

Interestingly, the latest Georgia poll (after the Trump convention bump) is only +2 Trump. I hope they make another poll after the DNC to compare

Putin will have a pretty free hand to, at the very least, force the Baltic states to agree to whatever he wants.
"Whatever Putin wants" = Bring back the old Soviet Union and restart the Cold War:scared:
David Duke has begun a bid for the Senate, citing Trump as his inspiration.
I'm glad you mentioned this because it really underscores how critical it is that we as Americans give a clear unified repudiation of Trump in November. David Duke specifically said that Trump's success shows that there is an appetite for a candidate like him again in America. No effing way that can stand... We let that stand and we will have mini David Dukes popping up in elections all over the country. Trump being wiped out by a huge margin will send the message to them that nope, nobody wants them around.
That's worse actually... worse than anything the world has ever seen. I have to admit, I was with Commodore on this issue until I heard that David Duke was running again (hearing you connect the dots on NATO helped too). I was always thinking, Pfft... Trump is a buffoon, an entertainer, he can't possibly bring about any real catastrophes or any of this WWIII/end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it hyperbole...

But now I think I am with you guys (Tim in particular)... better to be on the safe side, and assume the worst about Trump. I can't imagine the folks who elect any historically terrible leader had any idea at the time they were voting that all hell was gonna break loose after he wins or they wouldn't have elected him. The "regrexit" phenomenon is real, and worth noting.

That's worse actually... worse than anything the world has ever seen. I have to admit, I was with Commodore on this issue until I heard that David Duke was running again (hearing you connect the dots on NATO helped too). I was always thinking, Pfft... Trump is a buffoon, an entertainer, he can't possibly bring about any real catastrophes or any of this WWIII/end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it hyperbole...

But now I think I am with you guys (Tim in particular)... better to be on the safe side, and assume the worst about Trump. I can't imagine the folks who elect any historically terrible leader had any idea at the time they were voting that all hell was gonna break loose after he wins or they wouldn't have elected him. The "regrexit" phenomenon is real, and worth noting.

You assume everyone would just follow Trump unquestioningly. If he did try anything completely bananas, there would be significant portions of both our government and even our military that simply wouldn't go along with it. Hell, we might even see the military stage a coup and forcibly remove him from office if he tried anything too ridiculous. Or the CIA would have him assassinated and make it look like a natural cause death so as to avoid him becoming a martyr.

I also don't see our allies going along with any of his lunacy either. I mean, France and Germany had no qualms about telling Bush to go pound sand when it came to Iraq 2, and he was the paragon of sanity compared to Trump.

In short, if Trump did get elected he would learn real quick that he would have to behave himself or his reign would be very short indeed.

You assume everyone would just follow Trump unquestioningly. If he did try anything completely bananas, there would be significant portions of both our government and even our military that simply wouldn't go along with it. Hell, we might even see the military stage a coup and forcibly remove him from office if he tried anything too ridiculous. Or the CIA would have him assassinated and make it look like a natural cause death so as to avoid him becoming a martyr.

I also don't see our allies going along with any of his lunacy either. I mean, France and Germany had no qualms about telling Bush to go pound sand when it came to Iraq 2, and he was the paragon of sanity compared to Trump.

In short, if Trump did get elected he would learn real quick that he would have to behave himself or his reign would be very short indeed.
I know what you're saying, but why go through all that? Just crush him at the ballot box, and we don't have to worry about all that "removal by skullduggery" Tom Clancy stuff... plus how bad would things have to be before they get to that point?

I know what you're saying, but why go through all that? Just crush him at the ballot box, and we don't have to worry about all that "make it look like an accident" Tom Clancy stuff... plus how bad would it have to get before they get to the point of inside-job-assassination-by -banana-peel?

And he probably will get crushed at the ballot box. The point I'm making is that if he did somehow manage to win, the sky won't fall, the garbage will still get picked up every week, and the schools are going to stay open. In other words, everything will work itself out. In the event of a Trump victory, he will either learn to play nice or he'll get tossed to the curb like a sack of garbage.

"Everything will work itself out" kind of papers over the potential for massive social upheavel of having a president lose control of the military, or incite racial violence, or get impeached. This is like third world-type stuff you're glossing over as if it would be no big deal. It'd be a HUGE deal.

I also don't see our allies going along with any of his lunacy either.
Put it this way... Would you put it past Trump to bomb North Korea? Would you put it past North Korea to nuke us in retaliation? Wouldn't that start a multi-nation war? Would you put it past Trump to invade Iran? Would you put it past Iran to nuke Israel in retaliation? Wouldn't that start a multi-nation war? With Trump in the White House, would you put it past Putin to occupy all the old USSR Eastern-bloc nations? Couldn't the fallout from that start a multi-nation war?

My point is that if your answer to any of those is to pause and think about it, rather than say no way... its a big risk to take and hope the CIA sorts it out.

And he probably will get crushed at the ballot box. The point I'm making is that if he did somehow manage to win, the sky won't fall, the garbage will still get picked up every week, and the schools are going to stay open. In other words, everything will work itself out. In the event of a Trump victory, he will either learn to play nice or he'll get tossed to the curb like a sack of garbage.

Bush mislead the nation into war with the smoking gun/mushroom cloud speech. He demonstrated that if a president stampedes the people the congress can't stop him, the rest of the world can't stop him, and apparently the military won't stop him. You think Trump, if he were the elected president, couldn't orchestrate a similar stampede?

Bush mislead the nation into war with the smoking gun/mushroom cloud speech. He demonstrated that if a president stampedes the people the congress can't stop him, the rest of the world can't stop him, and apparently the military won't stop him. You think Trump, if he were the elected president, couldn't orchestrate a similar stampede?

Bush was still riding the wave of blind patriotism and international sympathy that came in the wake of 9/11. Trump doesn't have that.

I don't think Trump is competent enough to pull off something like Bush's lies. I do, however, think he's capable of precipitating a war if he wants to. There will absolutely be military people willing to fire missiles, or sail warships, or do any number of things to a hostile country that forces retaliation sufficient to force us into war. He has at least hinted he would have invaded Iran in retaliation for them detaining sailors aboard a warship that sailed into their waters. I don't doubt for a second that he can and will escalate minor incidents to military conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom