Clive01 - Warlords Prince Conquest / Domination

lurker's comment: Welcome back Sir Clive. :salute:

A city between the copper and stone may serve as a nice outpost to block the AI from finding your home before Optics.

On the other hand stone throwing devices and hefalumps are always nice to take on the warpath (warsail?)

And you've still got that fish in SW to explore...

This is the most interesting map I've seen in a long time.

Regards,
AK

Nice turns so far, Sir!
Let me do a very quick post...

Prophet: Confucian Shrine!
Compass: Shop to Qin. See if he trades us Alpha. If he does, shop techs with Wang.

:science:: Calendar can be traded. Stick with Machinery or Civil Service. If they are too long, try Currency. It's good to get some gold from the AI on tech trades. :)

I was about to suggest the site Admiral Kuztov did. Stone, copper and TWO fish is too good to pass. Load a Galley with a worker and a Settler and bingo!

Sorry for the rush... Gotta go to the supermarket. :sad:

The double-fish/stone/copper site is definitely a great place for a city, and a city in the center of our original ivory offshoot would also be very nice.

Regarding the GP, the shrine is definitely a standard play, but perhaps we should save it to lightbulb Theology and found Christianity? I realize we would need a few techs first (by my estimation, monothesim for the pre-req and meditation to make theo available for lightbulb), so maybe this is too much of a detour. But I find religion very powerful in island maps because most of the people you find will be godless and you can easily control who likes/hates who by spreading religion accordingly.

7) - 175 AD

After suggestions from Admiral Kutzov (good to hear from you again -
how is the idiocy ? :) )
and from fb I have decided to go for Machinery.

For some reason I thought we had already built the confucian shrine - that's why
I couldn't decide what to do with the prophet :(
Start moving Tipu Sultan towards Havana.

8) - 200 AD

Could hurry baracks in Madrid but it would give us 22 turns of unhapiness -
we already have 12 turns from previous rushes so I'll leave it.
Get Open borders with Qin.
Get Calendar and Archery for Metal casting

Qin is now pleased with us :(
Wang is now annoyed with us .
Qin asks us to stop trading with his bitter enemy Wang . I refuse for now.

Looks like our first fight may be against Wang with some possible assistance from Qin
if we keep Qin onside.

9) - 225 AD

Sci up to 80% - 11g , -3gpt
Rush Forge in Havana.
Start moving Galley back towards Havana so that it can pick up settler which
will be next build.
Kong Miao built in Havana

10) - 250 AD

Havana Forge->Settler Due in 8

I'm going to stop here as it's taken me a bit longer than I had planned.

The World as we know it

The save

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/26914/PrinceTraining_AD-0250.CivWarlordsSave

Regarding the GP, the shrine is definitely a standard play, but perhaps we should save it to lightbulb Theology and found Christianity?

Nice idea Sirloin

Unfortunately I had already founded the shrine before I read your mail :(

It might still be possible though. I'm not sure how many turns until we get our next GP.

Havana can now run priests - we may be able to pop a Prophet there fairly soon as I think it has excess food (may be wrong - I don't currently have the save to hand)

I took a look at the save now. I have some thoughts:

• Our happy caps are huge! Even without Representation or Hereditary Rule! :goodjob:
  • Wondering... If we want to explore that fish to our west, we may need a city 1W of "crab-porkopolis". It'll be a fishing city, but may be able to let us settle west until Astronomy.
  • We are not working our golds! Instead we are working plains! :nono: If we work both golds, we reduce machinery to 15 turns!
  • Library in Panama can be :whipped:. Please do it!
  • Panama, btw, is working too many unimproved tiles.
  • Panama and Porkopolis still have no culture. The RNG is being nasty to us. Please, spread Confucianism! :bowdown:
  • Porkopolis will grow to size 2 and has no good tiles to work beside the pigs. A worker is down there mining the Iron, and the other 2 are near Barcelona. Send them down there to improve the other tiles near these two cities!
  • Qin is willing to trade Compass for Alphabet. I would not take this deal, as Wang has Alphabet too. We can get something better for compass later. From now on, we should be careful trading techs to avoid triggering the WFYABTA (We fear you are becoming too advanced) limit.

I wish I had these points on my offline games too. But I usually get too excited and screw everything up. :mischief:

Oh Formula One is up! I shall go! See you Monday!

a) What should we do with the great prophet ?
b) What should we research next ?

In my uninformed opinion I would use the Great Prophet to build the our Shrine. As for Research, Since you have found someone I do not believe that we need Optics ASAP, so go get Calender so that we can hook up the Bananas and spices.

Sorry, I did not realize the the thread had continued to another page.:hammer2:

A city between the copper and stone may serve as a nice outpost to block the AI from finding your home before Optics.
It will not stop them since we have open borders. That city is a must have, no dubt.

Wondering... If we want to explore that fish to our west, we may need a city 1W of "crab-porkopolis". It'll be a fishing city, but may be able to let us settle west until Astronomy.
It won't. Just a crab city. I'm not sure it's worth to settle (now).

Oh Formula One is up! I shall go! See you Monday!
OH, yes :D

Qin is now pleased with us :(
Wang is now annoyed with us .
Qin asks us to stop trading with his bitter enemy Wang . I refuse for now.
Why is :( did you mean :) ?
Wang is :(
I'm not good at diplomacy, will we keep Qin as a friend and Wang as an enemy? Qin may ask us to close borders with Wang since they are the worst enemies of each other.

Why is :( did you mean :) ?
Wang is :(
I'm not good at diplomacy, will we keep Qin as a friend and Wang as an enemy? Qin may ask us to close borders with Wang since they are the worst enemies of each other.

Yes my mistake - I meant :) ( :) )

I'm not good at diplomacy either but I think keeping Qin as a friend and Wang as enemy is a good idea.

As we are going for conquest / domination we are going to need to go to war sooner rather than later. It makes sense for that to be against our closest geographical neighbour. We're going to need to :ar15: Qin at some stage but I guess we should keep him friendly and take Wang as our first target once we have a decent military (unless we discover a more suitable target)

As we are going for conquest / domination we are going to need to go to war sooner rather than later. It makes sense for that to be against our closest geographical neighbour.

I just realised that resources may be a factor here.

We have no horsies and we need them for our UU.

From what we had uncovered at the end of my turnset still no horsies in any of the fog-busted territory :(

There may therefore be case for targetting Qin first if he has horsies and Wang doesn't.

http://www.blackletterday.org/files/PrinceTraining AD-0600.CivWarlordsSave

here is the save, sorry for the delay, blame the irish.
I'll get a proper summary up soon but I'm a serious wreck right now The one sentence summary is just another builder turnset, grabbed monotheism for the 25% build bonus, and microed a lot of cities. I founded the fish/stone/copper city on my last turn.

Regarding war, we definitely need to start pig-blapping people soon, but remember Wang is protective, so he will be a pain, and both of those guys are pretty far away. We are really going to need galleys, and then hopefully launch a massive gunpowder war. Also, regarding the war machine, we don't have too many really good production cities. We need to settle the elephant island to our south. One central city on that island can get a lot of food and hammers.

Just looked at the game.

Need more boats. And Panama City certainly doesn't need a courthouse. Switch to a harbor, or a boat or even another worker. And the new town could profitably train a worker before a granary, then another workboat, then a granary.

Got it, will play 12-14 h from now. I will continue building / exploring. Looking for horses. At least prepare founding fish/ivory city.

Well, I'm back.
Good to see we moved. No good to see no report. :(
You guys are mean to those who read the forums at work. :p
(Just to be clear: I'm kidding! :king:)

Wang is protective. Qin is protective. We are no good with these guys. Also, we cannot start a really good war without Astronomy. The galleys are too slow. We'll need a lot of "volunteers" to build up an army strong enough to damage those two.
We are now on a kind of dilemma. Or we go to the Liberalism path, or we go to Gunpowder via Guilds. I'd easily advocate the second one, if we had horses or we weren't on a island map. But, to win a war, we need either a better army or a larger army. Larger is out of the pocket. We won't have the ships to carry them. So we'd need better. We don't have the research power we should, so we need a better way to carry big armies. There's where Astronomy comes in. So, I'd do (even not looking at the save):
  • Ferry a worker to our new city. It'll be faster than building one.
  • Found that city on the Ivory.
  • Tech to Civil Service (if we don't have it yet)
  • Build macemen like there's no tomorrow
  • Tech to Optics.
  • Tech to Liberalism.
  • Grab Astronomy

I have to say again that I haven't looked at the save, so I may be :smoke: here. Alternatively, we may after Optics research Astro by ourselves. It'll take almost a lifetime, but it may be faster (and safer) than teching to Liberalism. The only downside of this is that Gunpowder won't be unlocked yet. I wish we were playing as Ragnar... Those Amphibious Berserkers would be nice now...

Top Bottom