Cloning does not allow Power Civic?

hotrodlincoln

Upasaka
I just joined up to post this. First of all, This is without a doubt the best mod i've played on Civ 4 yet. I had a great game going yesterday as the Data Angels, secret agents running around everywhere stealing technologies and making trouble. I decided at one point to research Cloning myself, as it didn't seem like the AIs were making their way towards it and according to the civilopedia entry and the civic screen, Cloning is the tech to research to allow Power. Yay Espionage bonus!

However, taking Cloning did not allow me to take Power. In the civic screen it no longer displays the "Research: Cloning" prerequisite but it's still greyed out.

What's even more troubling is what happened when I went into my save file to take a screenshot for this post. When I loaded up my game I was no longer playing the Data Angels, but I was instead playing Zakharov because that's who I started with.

Any help that could be offered would be lovely, I was having a lot of fun with that faction.

For the Power question: Each civilization has a civic it strongly dislikes, and cannot use. The Data angels dislike (I think) is power, so you won't be allowed to choose.

Ah, yeah, just did a random test as Dierdre and Cloning unlocked Power. Shame that the Data Angels can't take the only civic that grants an espionage boost, but it makes sense from a flavor standpoint. That's a pretty neat feature, actually, just wish they'd made that a little clearer in the Civilopedia.

Any idea how to keep my saves from reverting back to the faction I started with? It's a little annoying that I have to leave the game running for the entire time it takes me to complete it in order to play the Expansion factions like Data Angels or the Pirates.

Any idea how to keep my saves from reverting back to the faction I started with? It's a little annoying that I have to leave the game running for the entire time it takes me to complete it in order to play the Expansion factions like Data Angels or the Pirates.

I noticed this too. It seems that reloading the save brings you to your expansion faction instead of the 'base' faction you started the game with.

Top Bottom