1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[closed] Returning capital to eliminated civilization not possible when it was a vassal?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by haerta, Jan 12, 2019 at 5:24 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haerta

haerta Chieftain

Hello community,

I wonder whether I found a bug or it's a feature.

In my current game I am in war with Sweden. Gustavus Adolphus has Brazil at his vassal. While "defending" I captured cities from Brazil because the were closer than those from Sweden. When I conquered Brazils last city I eliminated Brazil from the game.

Anyway, Sweden still held some of Brazils cities, including their original capitals. My problem is that when I conquer a city from Sweden which was founded by Brazil, I don't get the option to return the city to Brazil, even if it was their original capital.

I play civilization V in version 1.0.3.279 (Steam) with Vox Populi (formerly known as the "Community Balance Patch") in its latest version.

The attached savegame allows to validate the described situation: next turn you can conquer two cities from Sweden: First Salvador and the folowing turn it's their capital: Rio de Janeiro.

Is this a bug? Is there a way to return these cities to Brazil somehow?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 5:26 PM
  2. Equilin

Equilin Chieftain

I think you should post in VP' subforum instead.

3. haerta

haerta Chieftain

It seems to be unable to move threads so I reposted the same thread again in the modding section.

Please consider this thread as closed.

Thank you very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.