1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

closing in on cultural victory

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by MinnesotaRuss, Dec 6, 2019.

1. MinnesotaRuss

MinnesotaRuss Warlord

I am currently closing in on a cultural victory. I have already achieved more tourism than 6 of 8 opponents. I am only half way (66/136) from the highest scoring opponent. My question is/are: should I attack him and take away some of his cities? Should I just slog it out and simply play the 36 turns it appears to take? I think I have already taken advantage of all the civics that I know of. Do you know more of them? 100% tourism from musical, etc. I am building every wonder I can as quickly as I can. I come to all you wonderful wise ones: is there anything I am missing or that I can do to speed things up?

2. MinnesotaRuss

MinnesotaRuss Warlord

More information: I have the Termple, Potala and statue of liberty. I can't seem to find "seastead" anywhere on my tech tree. What are the tech requirements? For dumb (me)

3. Mr. Shadows

Mr. Shadows Nomad of the time streams

The most obvious thing you didn't mention are Rock Bands. Send a bunch into the civ with the next highest culture.

4. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Eliminating them will reduce the goal to the civ with the 2nd highest amount of domestic tourists, but you lose any foreign tourists you earn from the civ you kill.

Thus if...

Your foreign tourists - the foreign tourists from the civ you would eliminate > the domestic tourists of the 2nd highest civ, you can just destroy them and win the game.

If however, the domestic tourists between your rival civs is fairly close, then attacking isn't going to achieve too much unless you kill all of them. While taking your opponent's cities will reduce their culture, this is often a highly inefficient process since most culture comes from great works and they can just shuffle them around. Theater squares on their own doesn't give that much and pillaging them doesn't really mean much. (pillaged squares still hold works)

Please post a screenshot of the culture victory screen if you need more information.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  5. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

6. Swissy

Swissy Warlord

The tech and civic mentioned under Diplomatic Victory are in the future section and not visible until you finish the tech/civic that links Information Era to Future Era.