Cloud Destroyer freezes game

Camber

Resident Family Therapist
This is a stock v34 game. Cloud Destroyer has been on autoexplore. When I select it and try to move it manually, game freezes and stops working. Earlier I tried moving it manually and the same thing happened, so I started the game up again, went to kill the unit, but must have accidentally hit autoexplore button instead because I found it out exploring here a few turns later (in the save I present here). So obviously it can move, it just can't move under my control.

Also, I noticed that some of the mouseover info (and civilopedia info) related to the Cloud Destroyer seems to have been taken from info for a missionary unit, and needs to be fixed.

Not a related issue, but the leader Alberts2 of North America nation was created through a revolution in one of my games, and I was surprised to see him represented as a dragon. Nice. The civilopedia entry for him seems to be about some sheriff in the Old West (totally wrong). I tried to create a custom game with him as one of the leaders and I was disappointed to find it wasn't possible. Is there a way to make him playable?

Attachments

• 2BojiSingh AD-1495-Summer.zip
    586.1 KB · Views: 49
Cant help you with the problems above but if you want any of the "cultures" to work you need to do the following:

1. (see pic 1) you need to change the MLF in the pic to <bLoad>1</bLoad>

2. pic 2, you need to change where is name is (you'll have to look for it here, its about half way down the page or less) to this <bPlayable>1</bPlayable>

its that simple, remember to "Just Have Fun" . . . SO

Memo: also i informed TB about revolutions taking modules that are NOT supposed to be ingame but still does???

Thanks for that bit. I found the Cloud Destroyer does fine with autohunt as well, as long as it doesn't actually come across something. When the game goes to show me the battle, it freezes again. My guess is either that a pathway to the unit animations is wrong/broken, or that there is a problem with the unit animations themselves. I tried turning off unit animations though and this did not solve it. I can also try downloading the original unit art and replacing the ones in the game with them. I found the original art. Where in the mod folder does it go?

Thanks.

@ Sparth

Can you see if the nif and the kfm are any good, if not we will need to delete it from the units area in the steampunk folder.

It does cause game to stop completely when trying to move it.

Cant help you with the problems above but if you want any of the "cultures" to work you need to do the following:

1. (see pic 1) you need to change the MLF in the pic to <bLoad>1</bLoad>

2. pic 2, you need to change where is name is (you'll have to look for it here, its about half way down the page or less) to this <bPlayable>1</bPlayable>

its that simple, remember to "Just Have Fun" . . . SO

Memo: also i informed TB about revolutions taking modules that are NOT supposed to be ingame but still does???
I wouldn't have the slightest clue how to help with that last bit. Sorry.
@ Sparth

Can you see if the nif and the kfm are any good, if not we will need to delete it from the units area in the steampunk folder.

It does cause game to stop completely when trying to move it.
It's probably not the art in this case I think since it can move around, just not under player control. It'll probably require a debug dll run... I'll look into it later this week.

We have has a similar problem with other unit. In that case loading it on to a transport caused a CTD. We never did get to the bottom of it and dropped the unit.

We have has a similar problem with other unit. In that case loading it on to a transport caused a CTD. We never did get to the bottom of it and dropped the unit.
What unit?

Sparth will look at it later, and if he cant fix it, i will delete it then,
I'll run the debugger first please... I quite like this unit.

Cool... not a code problem. Check.

Thanks Sparth!

@SO: If you think about it, if it only ranged assaults then that basically fits as a unit that flies above the battles far below and just potshots whatever it can.

Top Bottom