Clown Car II: Revenge of the Clowns

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're older than 45? Then I'm... sorry that you're in the place you are in right now.

But that was actually self-deprecating humor.

She got it right about you being cranky, cut, even if she underestimated your age by a decade or so.

You're welcome, Sommerswerd.

She got it right about you being cranky, cut, even if she underestimated your age by a decade or so

Just so you know, a decade is 10 years, it's centuries that are 100

Cutlass has a job, y'know.

Cutlass has a job, y'know.

yeah and so did dumbledore

Seriously though i'm just busting chops, there was a layup and I had to take it

At my age I've earned being cranky. :old:
But at your age you should really be able to have a discussion without throwing around accusations of fascism, and a more nuanced view of the world, too. Thinking back about that Dancing-with-the-wolves thread, I thought you were of roughly my age, but now I learn that you're actually an old man who has the emotional maturity of a young teenager and the world view of a hippie in their twenties. How have you managed to avoid reality for so long? :eek:

Yeah, I think I might have listened to too much battlerap this evening. Makes me want to stick my metaphorical claws into people's flesh.

But at your age you should really be able to have a discussion without throwing around accusations of fascism, and a more nuanced view of the world, too. Thinking back about that Dancing-with-the-wolves thread, I thought you were of roughly my age, but now I learn that you're actually an old man who has the emotional maturity of a young teenager and the world view of a hippie in their twenties. How have you managed to avoid reality for so long? :eek:

You parrot the opinions of people who make a fetish of holding onto childish mindsets until they die of old age, and you question my emotional maturity? Grow the frak up. Based on the way you post on this forum you won't manage to sound like a 10 year old even when you're my age.

See, that's another case of exactly what I mean. I don't parrot anybody, I listen to arguments, and then I come to an opinion. An opinion that is certainly informed by biases, just like all opinions are, but one that can be changed based on new information or better arguments. You're calling me childish on the basis of the people who agree with me, something that I have absolutely no control over, and of course also something that is based on a perception that is entirely your own, because there are tons of people on any issue other than the most irrational beliefs who are rational and/or mature, and tons of people who are irrational and/or childish.

But of course you're right, based on the way I post on these forums, I will always sound childish. Which is okay, because it's more fun that way. Whether I choose to present my opinion in a childish way, or whether I choose to do it from a more mature angle, has no influence on the way I think, and given that this is just an online forum, I don't feel any pressure to act maturely all the time. Acting childish because it's fun and not having the emotional maturity to have a disagreement on certain issues without moving to "You're evil!" as a response are completely different things.

In your case, it is not the way you act though, it's the way you think that makes me think that you lack maturity in some pretty important regards. At least that's what it seems like to me because of the way you react to political disagreements, and somewhat child-like black-and-white thinking that shines through. The way you seem to always contextualize things into whatever they mean to you, without being able (or willing) to put yourself into the shoes of others to see where they're coming from, and whether maybe there is more to their political position that ignorance or malice.

But hey, what do I know? We all have a tendency to see what we want to see, so maybe I'm just misinterpreting you, who knows! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom