Clown Car II: Revenge of the Clowns

Status
Not open for further replies.
"President Trump and his team are pursuing what I call a 'control-alt-delete' strategy: control the scientists in the federal agencies, alter science-based policies to fit their narrow ideological agenda, and delete scientific information from government websites,"

Alden Meyer, a veteran climate campaigner with the Union of Concerned Scientists

I don't think there's much of a 'control' or an 'alt' in there, it's mostly just 'delete'.

They're reformatting the disk so they can install the Randroid operating system. It's gotten really poor reviews but they insist on doing it anyway.

This stuff? Or something other? Because depending on where you were sitting, people briefly freaked out about Obama too. But yes, the federal agencies are going to reorient again.

I can understand the presupposition that illegal aliens might have voted for a Democrat, but why is it that Trump assumes the dead would have voted in greater numbers for Hillary than for him?

I can understand the presupposition that illegal aliens might have voted for a Democrat, but why is it that Trump assumes the dead would have voted in greater numbers for Hillary than for him?

Yeah, the dead are a clearly Republican-leaning demographic, being disproportionately old and presumably also white and whatnot.

He's alleging old school Chicago Democratic machine style fraud, with no evidence that they voted, just the obvious thing that some of the dead aren't purged from the voting rolls by the time voting starts, which is always going to be true to some extent or another.

I do have some anecdotal evidence to suggest the dead can do surprising things in Illinois. In 2014, the Illinois comptroller won reelection only to suffer a massive stroke and keel over dead shortly afterwards, which should tell you everything you need to know about the state's finances. About a month later, we received an envelope from her. It was addressed to my mother, who had died in July, and contained some state refund check or something. Apparently dead people send mail to other dead people. Maybe we should check to see if they turned out to vote last year. ;)

Trump: We weren't behind in yards, that I can tell you. We weren't behind, believe me. You say our claim that we weren't behind is falsehood, but I'm just providing alternate facts to that. We actually got more yards than the Hillarys if you take into account all the penalties that the crooked refs didn't call against the Hillarys. When you subtract that penalty yardage that the crooked refs didn't call, we're way ahead in yardage. Besides, the field was rigged, against us. And don't let the press tell you otherwise. They're some of the most disgusting, dishonest people on earth.

Fixed that for you.

"There are millions of [illegal] votes, in my opinion."
-- Trump, citing a Pew study

"As I've noted before, voting integrity better in this election than ever before. Zero evidence of fraud."
-- Pew study author David Becker, tweeting in response

"He's groveling again...I will say this: Of those [illegal] votes cast, none of them come to me...They would all be for the other side...We have a lot to look into."
-- Trump in response

"All available evidence suggests that the 2016 general election was not tainted by fraud or mistake."
-- Trump's attorneys, in December, arguing against recount efforts

Are there any post-Trump inauguration videos by either Jon Stewart or that english guy with glasses? ('this week tonight', or something? Oliver :) )

John Oliver's show's new season start in february

Mr Spice announced today that Trump will have Mexico pay for the wall by slapping a 20% import fee on all Mexican goods.
That means we are paying for the wall... not them... A 20% import fee will simply be passed along to the end-user (Americans) in the form of a price increase.

Thanks Obama!:sad:

So what happens when Mexico puts 20% on US imports.

The US exports large amount of components to Mexico which are assembled and sent back to the US.
So something could cost nearly 40% more in the US.

So what happens when Mexico puts 20% on US imports.

The US exports large amount of components to Mexico which are assembled and sent back to the US.
Well Trumporetically, American manufacturers stop shipping their components to Mexico and open assembly plants in the US instead... which brings all the jobs back, and America is made Great Again. Boom...Trump Wins... flawless Victory.

Well Trumporetically, American manufacturers stop shipping their components to Mexico and open assembly plants in the US instead... which brings all the jobs back, and America is made Great Again. Boom...Trump Wins... flawless Victory.

Wouldn't it need to be a yuge rise in cost for them to be willing to pay US wages? Same thing happening with greek factories having relocated en masse to Bulgaria, due to lower wages there.
And if you try to blackmail them out of working in Mexico they may try to move business to India or other similar countries.

It will take a few years to get plants up and running.
What happens if trump is voted out after one term.
Will people invest the money.

Or the components come from somewhere else.
And the US looses jobs.

It will take a few years to get plants up and running.
What happens if trump is voted out after one term.
Will people invest the money.

Or the components come from somewhere else.
And the US looses jobs.

Move the component factories to Mexico alongside the assembly plants and sell the finished goods elsewhere, problem solved. The days when the profligate consumption by the very small fraction of the population that live in the US made the US market absolutely imperative are over. Whatever you make it is more beneficial to sell it to a few billion Chinese and Indians than a million Americans.

Wouldn't it need to be a yuge rise in cost for them to be willing to pay US wages? Same thing happening with greek factories having relocated en masse to Bulgaria, due to lower wages there.
And if you try to blackmail them out of working in Mexico they may try to move business to India or other similar countries.

Easy to fix; just eliminate minimum wage laws.

Move the component factories to Mexico alongside the assembly plants and sell the finished goods elsewhere, problem solved. The days when the profligate consumption by the very small fraction of the population that live in the US made the US market absolutely imperative are over. Whatever you make it is more beneficial to sell it to a few billion Chinese and Indians than a million Americans.

That is another possible outcome.
In the short term more Mexicans will want to get into the US for a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom