Clown Car III: Who's Laughing Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am genuinely wondering if he knows how to speak without using a superlative.

He does not.

I mean, the evidence is in a case like this. Set aside the accuracy of this claim, the superlative he wants to claim here here just does not exist at all; there is no "least racist person." Extremes of racism could perhaps be measured in some way: how many negative things you say or do to people of how many races. But the negative extreme can not be quantified. How would you establish that one minimally racist person was even less racist than some legitimate contender?

So the fact that he applies to himself superlatives that are nonsense shows that he just can't think or speak in any other terms.

Some reporter should follow up, to expose the absurdity: "I've interviewed Ta-Nahisi Coates, Mr. President; are you less racist than he is? Are you less racist than Ivanka? Which one is more racist, Don Jr. or Eric? Is Paul Ryan more racist than you are, Mr. President?"

Last edited:
He would respond by saying something along the lines of "Nobody's racist. None of those people are racist. I never said anyone was racist. The point is the media is dishonest. Now if you want to know somebody who is racist. A lot of people were saying that comment Hillary made, what with the superpredators and all, I mean let me tell you somebody should be looking into that. Why isn't anyone talking about that? All I hear is Trump is racist all the time, believe me I'm not, I am the least racist, the LEAST racist person EVER in history, believe me..."

And so on...

There is no "catching him" because he has no shame or scruples about just making up endless streams of verbal diarrhea in real time as it pops into his head.

Whatever crosses his mind will come out of his mouth, because it had such a short distance to travel.

He does not.

I mean, the evidence is in a case like this. Set aside the accuracy of this claim, the superlative he wants to claim here here just does not exist at all; there is no "least racist person." Extremes of racism could perhaps be measured in some way: how many negative things you say or do to people of how many races. But the negative extreme can not be quantified. How would you establish that one minimally racist person was even less racist than some legitimate contender?

So the fact that he applies to himself superlatives that are nonsense shows that he just can't think or speak in any other terms.

The problem is that people figured out a long time ago that Trump is easily manipulated simply by complimenting him. The better and bigger the compliment sounds, the more he does what you want. He probably speaks this way in part because people have been saying things like this about him for a long-ass time. But he's utterly oblivious to the fact that they just say things like that to get him to do what they want. They're utterly meaningless manipulations that his ego wouldn't allow for him to just ignore, or cast aside.

Someone, I think perhaps a Trump biographer, made a really interesting point about him, which is that what he calls "awesome dealmaking" is really just making normal deals which may or may not be to his advantage on paper, and then welching on them while relying on the other party's assumption of good faith to have them hold up their end of the bargain. He never actually learned how to make a deal, he learned how to use people's better nature against them to get what he wanted. Sign a contract, other party starts performing, then you withhold payment and "renegotiate" basically by holding them hostage - either they take a drastically reduced payment or they get no payment at all. If they complain, then they get sued.

The problem he is having is that nobody in Washington negotiates in good faith to make a deal, they're all basically doing what he's done his whole life - which is to negotiate something, and then act pursuant to the negotiation in whatever way is in their own best interest. He doesn't seem to understand that the people he is negotiating with don't lose anything if he pulls the rug out - they can walk away unscathed and tell him to go frak himself and then blab to the media about the racist stuff he said.

I think he fully expected for Dick Durbin to show up to the WH, Trump would then renege on the immigration deal, and then Durbin would simply "renegotiate" and sign onto whatever hardline agreement he and Tom Cotton and John Kelly had come up with. What Trump still doesn't seem to realize is that people aren't going to "renegotiate" simply because he wants them to, or because he's going to tweet about them if they don't. And I don't know that he'll ever really understand that he's in a different reality than he's used to. I don't think he has the intelligence to adapt.

There is no "catching him" because he has no shame or scruples about just making up endless streams of verbal diarrhea in real time as it pops into his head.
Oh, absolutely true. I said "expose the absurdity," not "catch him out." Make him diarrhea.

He probably speaks this way in part because people have been saying things like this about him for a long-ass time.

Well, one watched the sycophants jump in to echo his self-description--using exactly the same (stupid) formulation: "the least racist person there is." Eric said that, then (probably revealing more than he realized when he said it) "the only color he sees is green"

"The Fake News media (failing NY Times, CNN, NBC News and many more) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American people."
-- Trump, 2017

"We are in an era in which the authoritarian impulse is reasserting itself...It is a testament to the condition of our democracy that our own President uses words infamously spoken by Josef Stalin to describe his enemies. It bears noting that so fraught with malice was the phrase 'enemy of the people,' that even Nikita Khruschev forbade its use, telling the Soviet Communist Party that the phrase had been introduced by Stalin for the purpose of 'annihilating such individuals' who disagreed with the supreme leader."
-- Sen. Jeff Flake on Senate floor this morning

Is that the same Jeff Flake who votes in favour of El Donald's proposals over and over?

Is that the same Jeff Flake who votes in favour of El Donald's proposals over and over?
Broadly speaking, yes.
The big ones at least.

Flake, flake, flake/flake, flake, flake/flake your booty!

Right. So Trump says that journalists are the "enemy of the people", a phrase used by Stalin?

He's going to have them shot, then?

I wouldn't support such a thing myself, of course.

But it would be interesting.

"Trump can't seem to improve his approval rating, perhaps because of the troubling fact that half of the voters we spoke to think he is mentally unstable."

—Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll, which indicates Trump's disapproval rating is 57

I reject notions of equivalency between Clinton and Trump, if that's what you're insinuating. But at face value, yeah, the Dems shouldn't run Charlie Sheen or whatever

...... But at face value, yeah, the Dems shouldn't run Charlie Sheen or whatever
Unless the Rep's run Gary Busey, then the Dem's have an obligation to the nation to run Charlie Sheen.....:smoke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom