Clown Car III: Who's Laughing Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed you elected G.W.Bush TWICE
Your Republicans were so flushed with joy over winning the elections, and how great G.W.Bush was. How Bush was going to win the Iraq war, how Bush steel tariffs were bringing back steel jobs, how tax cuts and de-regulations were growing the economy.

Dont worry J the pot is only starting to Boil
Indeed.

Whose pot? What happens when it boils over?

J

Indeed.
Whose pot? J

Who do you think is going to get it good and hard (again) ?

What happens when it boils over? J

We thank Republican states for their selfless sacrifices in the easy to win war (again) :salute:
Then I believe its back to the nightmare of peace and prosperity under a democrat, I think its clintons turn to be President again ?

You really think Clinton is going to run again ?
Gillibrand is also clearly running

Who do you think is going to get it good and hard (again) ?
I thought you liked the Democrats.
We thank Republican states for their selfless sacrifices in the easy to win war (again) :salute: Then I believe its back to the nightmare of peace and prosperity under a democrat, I think its clintons turn to be President again ?
This is inconsistent with the first part.

I don't think either side will get badly hurt in November, but the Republicans stand to do better. It's the economy.

Does that answer your question?

J

This exact line of reasoning worked on me, nine years ago.

I don't think I'm a very usual person, though.

You're not a usual person, yet you voted with the majority. FAUX NEWS is not mainstream, but it's watched by a majority. Or a plurality. Right?

"Strong leader/person" is the one area where Trump polls consistently high, usually polling in the neighborhood of 2-1 agreeing that he is a strong leader. His entire brand is machismo, about being the polar opposite of that elitist, effete Obama and standing up for America instead of apologizing for it.

And now we have video of him visibly cowering next to Vladimir Putin, and blaming America for the election interference and showing a preference for the word of ex-KGB Putin over the word of American intelligence and law enforcement.

The only way you'll change anyone's mind on Trump is by attacking his strengths. You're not going to convince many more people that his racism or his history of sexual assault is a reason not to vote for him. That was baked into the cake well before election day.

But convincing them he is weak and unwilling to stand up for us? That could work. That's why this is different from other instances where he was receiving universal condemnation, like Charlottesville - it cuts against the image he has been trying to project, of a strong champion for America.

But convincing them he is weak and unwilling to stand up for us? That could work. That's why this is different from other instances where he was receiving universal condemnation, like Charlottesville - it cuts against the image he has been trying to project, of a strong champion for America.
Putin's Poodle!

I don't think either side will get badly hurt in November, but the Republicans stand to do better. It's the economy.
Does that answer your question? J

Of course,Trump has announced Tax cuts 2.0 in Oct with slashing taxes again, with rising cost of petrol, trade war losses start and mid terms
Plan is also to use the Revenue collected from Tariffs to buy up soy and then dump the soy into the ocean
It should shore up the economy, and push up the Budget deficet to 1.2 Trillion and the total US deficet to GDP over the 77% mark

Its a Brillant stratergy

Hm, has anyone won a nomination (primaries), lost the general election, and then run again in the following primary?

Cause it seems a bit ridiculous.
Not in the era of the modern (post-1968) primary system. Back in the era of the convention, Adlai Stevenson actually ran for president in both 1952 and 1956 on the Democratic ticket and was defeated both times by Eisenhower.

Primaries existed back then, but not every state had them and not every candidate entered every primary. In 1952, only 15 states out of 48 held Democratic primaries; in all the others, the candidates were selected by state conventions attended by party delegates that could be controlled by the party bosses. Senator Estes Kefauver won 12 out of the 15 primaries with a crushing popular-vote victory, but opposition from President Truman and many of the state party bosses prevented him from winning the nomination at the convention. Instead, the party leadership chose Stevenson, who lost. Then, in 1956, Stevenson ran again and actually beat Kefauver in the primary popular vote on his way to securing the nomination...so he could lose again to Eisenhower in the fall.

I guess there's kind of also Ross Perot, but why would you ever talk about Ross Perot?

William Jennings Bryan ran (and lost) as the Democratic candidate in 1896, 1900, and 1908.

Hm, has anyone won a nomination (primaries), lost the general election, and then run again in the following primary?
Ummm..

Thomas Jefferson
Andrew Jackson
William Henry Harrison
Henry Clay
William Jennings Bryan
Thomas Dewey
Adlai Stevenson
and as has already been mentioned, Richard Nixon

So its not at all ridiculous and in fact is a relatively regular occurrence. In fact, we're actually about due for someone to do it again.

Of course,Trump has announced Tax cuts 2.0 in Oct with slashing taxes again, with rising cost of petrol, trade war losses start and mid terms Plan is also to use the Revenue collected from Tariffs to buy up soy and then dump the soy into the ocean It should shore up the economy, and push up the Budget deficet to 1.2 Trillion and the total US deficet to GDP over the 77% mark

Its a Brillant stratergy
Why do I suspect sarcasm?

Hey! That's my pot! Stop trying to boil it, you're ruining it!
It's for the new Netflix show Cooking on High.
https://www.netflix.com/title/80988793

Unfortunately, the show is getting terrible ratings. Maybe it was produced on a high.

J

Ummm..

Thomas Jefferson
Andrew Jackson
William Henry Harrison
Henry Clay
William Jennings Bryan
Thomas Dewey
Adlai Stevenson
and as has already been mentioned, Richard Nixon

So its not at all ridiculous and in fact is a relatively regular occurrence. In fact, we're actually about due for someone to do it again.
Used to be regular. Nixon is the only one since WW II.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom