Clown Car III: Who's Laughing Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even assuming that the EU has a single voice and a single will (which of course it doesn't, how do you respond to that situation diplomatically? What has your government said, for instance?

Does it matter? It said the usual 'we speak refined as europeans' and all that garbage. Ie "nothing happened guys, carry on". But that isn't a serious position, Arakh. Not when one is dealing with a country which just invaded Syria to kill the kurds there, and threatens to do the same due to whatever.

They should be expelled from nato asap. I think that if they go too far, it will happen. Apparently, it is still not time for that. Btw, if/when they are kicked out of nato, it will be the beginning of the end for that warmongering entity. (and not just nato - let's try to joke about it too :p )

Last edited:
If Turkey is kicked out of NATO, then they will ally themselves with Russia even more closely. That's hardly a sensible idea these days.

I'm not sure Turkey will be expelled from NATO unless they launch a full on invasion of Cyprus or Greece. Not even a skirmish with US (backed) troops will do that.
NATO will probably go the way of the (Holy) Roman Empire. It will exist on paper and get lip service for a couple of years/decades, but nobody will take it seriously or have the guts to officially leave/expell someone/disband it until it just peters out.

GoodSarmatian was talking about NATO, you are talking about the UN but apparently you mean the EU… it seems as if you were as confused about this as you are about dried fruit.

If Turkey is kicked out of NATO, then they will ally themselves with Russia even more closely. That's hardly a sensible idea these days.

Tbh, an actual alliance (with high stakes) between Russia and Turkey of all countries... is not likely. It only happened once, and that was because Lenin was in power, had won the civil war, wanted to punish whatever, Greece had sent (like the UK etc) an army in the Crimea to fight for the Tzarists, and Turkey got massive amounts of ammunition and supplies by the communists in the greek-turkish war of 1919-22.
Other than that... you can hardly find two countries with more wars between them.

Neither Russia nor China have fond relations with Turkey, and that is based on a long history. The US is really the one ally they can have (of importance; no one cares about Theresa May ^^ ).

I think that Turkey has no place among civilized countries, and it is an ongoing farce that they are still in nato as well. Nice of the glorius eu to not care about open threats of war :) solidarity and the usual stuff. @r16, feel like breaking legs? :mischief: Why not eat a red apple instead.

Barbarians...
They do not even have the letter X in their alphabet
and cannot word the Great Alexander properly, with their Iskander

Barbarians...

They make up for it with Ö and Ü.

What's the current obsession with using a comma as an ampersand? & takes up very little extra space.

Barbarians...

Trivia: Al-Iskenderiyah (arabic name for Alexandria) seems to be why the arabic name for Alexander is Iskender; they thought the 'Al' part was used as in their language, to mean (afaik) "the". Eg Al-Andalus etc.

What's the current obsession with using a comma as an ampersand? & takes up very little extra space.
‘Democratic & GOP lawmakers’ would mean that the lawmakers are simultaneously affiliated with both political parties.

If you must read it like that, yes, but "Democratic, GOP" would say the same thing.

If you must read it like that, yes, but "Democratic, GOP" would say the same thing.

Or it might just refer to the two or three people in the GOP who are still committed to democracy.

I know the clown thread has been just for US politics, but i don't feel like starting a thread on this, and yet i wish to refer to this clown/goon, fyi:

(links, in english and greek: http://en.protothema.gr/unbelievable...to-imia-video/

http://www.ekathimerini.com/225425/a...t-foot-on-imia

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/201...hreats-turkey/

https://www.thenationalherald.com/18...ont-step-imia/ )

I think that Turkey has no place among civilized countries, and it is an ongoing farce that they are still in nato as well. Nice of the glorius eu to not care about open threats of war :) solidarity and the usual stuff. @r16, feel like breaking legs? :mischief: Why not eat a red apple instead.

Turkey's problem is that they are not close enough to European culture, and so keep backsliding into despotism. The solution to that was to draw them ever deeper into the European orbit. But instead, in the most idiotically short sighted behavior among Europeans in the past 70 years, they kept Turkey at arms length until it was too late.

This is how you choose to loose.

Turkey's problem is that they are not close enough to European culture, and so keep backsliding into despotism. The solution to that was to draw them ever deeper into the European orbit. But instead, in the most idiotically short sighted behavior among Europeans in the past 70 years, they kept Turkey at arms length until it was too late.

This is how you choose to loose.

I wonder why; i mean in those last 70 years the only problematic things Turkey did was illegally expel 100.000 greeks from Constantinople and invade Cyprus.
Ie, what are you talking about, m8? :p
(let alone that the westerners don't want Turkey for their own, other reasons)

I wonder why; i mean in those last 70 years the only problematic things Turkey did was illegally expel 100.000 greeks from Constantinople and invade Cyprus.
Ie, what are you talking about, m8? :p (let alone that the westerners don't want Turkey for their own, other reasons)

At least the Turkish Military overthrew the government after both of those events.
Also both of those events are linked to the Greeks, and knowing the Greeks Turkey cant be completely at fault

We… really need a new thread for that.

ah , attempts to give me a place to rant ? Let's see , after either the Russian Su-25 gets shot down or the "Lust of Speaking" knows no end about Menbij and engaging US troops masquareading or something as Kurds one Turkish tank gets hit with something heavy that gets an ammunition cook off . Like what should have been impossible with those 2nd(?) generation MBTs ? We will , one of these days , see whether M-1s cook off as well .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom