Clown Car IV: The Dotard and Dunce Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.
In almost all cases, no, but you have to draw the line somewhere.
Agreed. And while I only have an anecdote to go on but my own grandmother was born during the war and her siblings after. They all had very different outlooks on life and I can't help but wonder if the 5-10 year lag in births changed conditions enough to cause part of that.

Sanders 1941
Biden 1942
Trump 1946
I doubt Sanders or Biden remember much of anything about the war

Well at least he had a real excuse for that one. :lol: :lol:

Such as not taking any History courses, ever?

Love everyone unless they're black or gay or trans or bi or muslim or of a different religion or come from a different country or are an immigrant or a liberal or [insert group different from cis hetero white christians]. It's a form of wilful delusion, i'm hesistant to claim it's a mental illness but there's something definitely wrong with these people, systemically.
They aren't the only ones.

The republican party is a boomer led death cult
More Gen X these days.

The Democrats are the ones with the geriatric leadership--Sanders-79, Biden-77, Warren-70, Harris-55, Buttigieg-37 on election day. This is your top five in the Iowa polls. Since Sanders and Biden are too old to be baby boomers, Warren is almost too old and Harris is too young there are not a lot of baby boomer Democrats. Is that what you meant?

J

More Gen X these days. J

Well we are in a post facts timeline.
Now that Young guns like Paul Ryan, others like Mattis, McMasters have all bailed what exactly dose the GOP have ?

Well we are in a post facts timeline.
Now that Young guns like Paul Ryan, others like Mattis, McMasters have all bailed what exactly dose the GOP have ?
Asks the guy backing Nacy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Warren, Biden, etc.

I'm not sure what your graphic was for, but it illustrates why the Democratic party is fragmenting. Really bizarre age groupings, though. Boomers are rolled back about three years, Gen X another four, and they renamed Millennials and ate up the rest of NextGen. Truly strange.

Asks the guy backing Nacy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Warren, Biden, etc. I'm not sure what your graphic was for, but it illustrates why the Democratic party is fragmenting. Really bizarre age groupings, though. Boomers are rolled back about three years, Gen X another four, and they renamed Millennials and ate up the rest of NextGen. Truly strange.

Indeed, Republicans have always show amazing discipline be it re-electing G.W.Bush, or a dead brothel owner
I imagine as Boomers become seniors large numbers will propel the Republicans into even greater control, And we get a front row seat to the ending of American Hegemony.

But the Boomers are already out numbered. So obviously that isn't the only issue.
None Boomers have the numbers, so all they have to do is step up and actually do something about it.

Yep sure. Look at voting demographics and blame who's not voting, not those that do. But sure.
I'll be the first to admit that every barricade has been thrown up and everything has been done to maintain that power, but it doesn't change the underlying fact that non boomers have the numbers but aren't voting enough to change anything.

Indeed, Republicans have always show amazing discipline be it re-electing G.W.Bush, or a dead brothel owner. I imagine as Boomers become seniors large numbers will propel the Republicans into even greater control, And we get a front row seat to the ending of American Hegemony.
Some of that made sense. On what are you basing the last sentence? There is no obvious connection to the other two.

Boomers literally run the government and hold the reins of power, but sure
Not quite true. Exactly what defines a boomer is not clear. However, it traditionally ran from the end of WW II to the introduction of birth control pills in 1959, so Trump, Biden, Bernie, Pelosi, Schumer are not boomers. More formal ranges are longer, with the Census Bureau using a bizarre 19-year range, 1946-1964.

Boomers are also retiring in large numbers. It's a progression that has been going on since before humans invented writing. The Republicans went through a generational change about 10-15 years ago. Now the Democrats are in the middle of one.

J

Trump was born in 1946 so technically a boomer by either definition. But I don't consider him a real one though.

Trump was born in 1946 so technically a boomer by either definition. But I don't consider him a real one though.
Why not? Because his father did not fight (I guess)?

I think he shares closer to the bidens and sanders born in the early 40's than those of us born in the 50's, but that's just me and not science. He's technically a boomer

I think he shares closer to the bidens and sanders born in the early 40's than those of us born in the 50's, but that's just me and not science. He's technically a boomer
If I can't discount Miley Cyrus as a millennial, you have to own Trump as a boomer. :p

Damn

More Cæsarism.
The White House rejected more House document requests, saying Congress doesn’t have standing to investigate the president.

The White House on Wednesday rejected another round of document requests from the House, expanding on its assertions that Democrats in Congress lacked a legitimate legislative purpose for the demands and were inappropriately replicating the work of the special counsel.

The letter from the White House counsel, Pat Cipollone, laid out a series of arguments, saying essentially that Congress was not a law enforcement body and does not have the standing to investigate the president.

The letter stopped short of asserting executive privilege over the documents, which relate to 81 individuals and entities connected to the president or his campaign and inauguration. The documents are being sought by the House Judiciary Committee for its investigation into possible obstruction of justice, abuse of power and corruption. But the letter framed the requests as overly broad. And it suggested that the committee was trying to get another crack at material the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, had already reviewed at great length.

“Congressional investigations are intended to obtain information to aid in evaluating potential legislation, not to harass political opponents or to pursue an unauthorized ‘do-over’ of exhaustive law enforcement investigations conducted by the Department of Justice,” Mr. Cipollone wrote in the 12-page letter, which was first reported by ABC News.

The letter added, “If the committee intends to continue its inquiry, it would greatly advance that process if the committee were to narrow the scope of the requests in the March 4 letter and articulate the legislative purpose and legal basis supporting each of the remaining requests.”

Representative Jerrold Nadler of New York, the chairman of the Judiciary Committee, called the letter “outrageous.”

(full article here)​

tl;dr: they argue that Congress should stick to debatign bills and making laws and do nothing else. ‘Checks and balances’ is a thing of the past.
If I can't discount Miley Cyrus as a millennial, you have to own Trump as a boomer. :p
Wait, can't we reach a negotiated solution?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom