Clown Car IV: The Dotard and Dunce Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.
"His many victims"? That's just a tad histrionic, wouldn't you say?

So, people do bad things, they are interrogated about other matters and you come along to call them victims? Whatever floats your boat, man, but you're not going to convince me that you're not being just a touch histrionic.

The House is staying 'enforcement' action against Barr on the promise that he will soon give them the source material from Meuller's report.

I don't know why they don't prosecute him for lying to Congress and refusing to comply with subpoenas. They have nothing to lose by forcing his hand and by holding back they are contributing to the worsening corruption in our system of government.
Because they're feckless cowards... time to face it...

"His many victims"? That's just a tad histrionic, wouldn't you say?
Not even a little. He was rubber hosing to the limit and possibly past it.

Because they're feckless cowards... time to face it...
Do they even have that authority, or standing in court. They talk about oversight. What are the limits of their oversight powers? You are an attorney and I am not, but I suspect there is no legal leg to stand on.

J

Do they even have that authority, or standing in court. They talk about oversight. What are the limits of their oversight powers? You are an attorney and I am not, but I suspect there is no legal leg to stand on.

Folks, step right up to the spectacle of self-declared "libertarians" embracing the power of the executive to act without Congressional oversight! Something you can see 365 days a year in these United States!

Not even a little. He was rubber hosing to the limit and possibly past it.

Could you say that in vernacular that has actually moved further east than New York City?

No, you're not east but west and south and across the Pacific.

too busy watching liberals embrace the surveillance state targeting political opponents
If you bothered to actually look at what people here were posting, you would notice that many liberals/lefties (myself and Lexicus come to mind) are decidedly uneasy with which some "liberals" and "progressives" have embraced the security services. I know I've posted somewhere here on CFC about the uncomfortable parallels with Trump and how Harold Wilson was treated by the security services.

If you bothered to actually look at what people here were posting, you would notice that many liberals/lefties (myself and Lexicus come to mind) are decidedly uneasy with which some "liberals" and "progressives" have embraced the security services. I know I've posted somewhere here on CFC about the uncomfortable parallels with Trump and how Harold Wilson was treated by the security services.

Its fascinating watching my progressive friends buy internet and social media connected surveillance cameras for their homes mostly understanding that its likely our NSA/CIA have a back door to those platforms. Then there is Alexa and the like. . .Such a weird age.

No, you're not east but west and south and across the Pacific.
are you telling me if I was in New York and took a plane flight east I would not end up in Melbourne... last time I flew home from New York I flew east

are you one of them 'flat earthers'?...

If you bothered to actually look at what people here were posting
Humor and Jokes subforum is that way -->

He still insists that DJT is the president of peace.

Folks, step right up to the spectacle of self-declared "libertarians" embracing the power of the executive to act without Congressional oversight! Something you can see 365 days a year in these United States!
They can subpoena you or me, but DoJ is another story. They can request many things that they cannot compell. It would be interesting where that line is drawn. The WH Counsel has stated very clearly that he thinks Congress has crossed it.

Uneasy was when they started a special investigation in the first 90 days. It's should be way past that. The parallel is not Harold Wilson but Alger Hiss.

J

Uneasy was when they started a special investigation in the first 90 days. It's should be way past that. The parallel is not Harold Wilson but Alger Hiss.
There is no shame in admitting you know nothing about Harold Wilson and Colin Wallace's "Clockwork Orange" allegations, or the Wright Affair.

too busy watching liberals embrace the surveillance state targeting political opponents

What ever happened to Republicans cry of if you haven't done anything wrong then you have nothing to hide ?

Also family values ? and Fiscal responsibility ? etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom