Clown Car IV: The Dotard and Dunce Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not a competition between victims, just whether or not reparations are moral. If I oppose them in one case I wont support them in another because my ancestors are involved. Start a thread about it if you like, but we've been told not to talk about it here.
No, we've established that you don't like reparations. We've yet to establish that they are immoral. We haven't even clearly established that they involve taking from "the innocent"; most of us are assuming that they'd be paid out of general taxation, while you seem to be imaging that, that, I don't know, Antifa Supersoldiers break into the homes of every white people and strip out the copper wire.

I mean, if you're really dead-set against taxing "the living", we can apply a retroactive inheritance tax on deceased slaver-owners. Work out what they would have paid, and recoup it with appropriate interest from their descendent, and apply this to a program of reparations. Now, to me, that does't seem fair, because it will probably catch a lot of working class people in the net, possibly even working class black people! But if you insist on the impossibility of inherited responsibility for the misdeeds of the dead, you must also acknowledge the impossibility of legitimately inherited profit from the deeds of the dead.

Last edited:
Colbert hasn't been anything but political drool for years now. Moreover he is a sell-out to the establishment, openly against anti-establishment candidates in the democrat race.
Trevor Noah, on the other hand, is very good.

Geraldo Rivera has been a vocal supporter of Trump on Fox News for quite a while. He counts Trump as a personal friend and has consistently defended him of accusations of racism since Trump announced his candidacy. He's also been quite open about the toll his friendship with and defense of Trump has had on his marriage and relationships as the people around him have recoiled in horror at the Trump presidency. He's even said it's caused pretty serious marital issues as his wife and him constantly bicker about Trump.

This last week one of the Fox News anchors tried to make the claim that Trump's 'go back' tweets were in no way racist and Geraldo finally broke with the president. He yelled 'Are you kidding me?!' at the host and explained that racists in his own life had used that same line against him since forever and that it very clearly is a racist thing to say. He later went on in another interview and explained that he had not been prepared to listen to all of the critics of Trump all this time but had finally come to grips that they had been more right about Trump than he himself had been and that in fact, he is a racist.

Pretty heavy stuff I think because as much as Geraldo has been a Trump champion, in all of the media appearances I've seen him* on he hasn't been truly sycophantic and this change of heart feels genuine and raw.

*Queue everyone telling me that he has been the worst sort of sycophant and I've just been blind. I'll admit I don't watch or follow him much but he's popped up from time to time on the media I watch and while he certainly came across as someone in deep denial, he didn't strike me as a propogandist in those interviews/segments.

It's denial all over the place. I remember that either Tim or Cutlass compared some proposal of mine to hiding a relative's bottles last year and I think it's the same thing. Denial, denial and more denial, when in trouble double down (e.g. Donald Trump saying that it's AOC et al. who should apologise, not the other way around) and hope to bully people out of your way. Yay, yay, yay.

I can't access that link.

thats weird, I can and my set up is archaic

short version: judges kept letting whacko (Albert Flick) out of prison and he kept stabbing women :(

Someone made a false claim on the internet that AOC said 'soldiers get paid too much'. This was a lie but it quickly escalated until a Louisiana police officer said she 'needed a bullet'. From what I can tell, nothing has or likely will happen to the officer. AOC has said that she some mornings there are so many death threats that all she has time to do while drinking her coffee some mornings is review the ones that have been flagged by security as the most serious.

thats weird, I can and my set up is archaic
short version: judges kept letting whacko (Albert Flick) out of prison and he kept stabbing women :(

Not just the judge, hes family and own attorney but he is going to spend the rest of hes life in goal now
But this should probably get its own thread though

his family testified that he was a good man, but had grown up in “an atmosphere of violence,”
I asked a number of people, was there ever a complaint?,” Flick’s attorney, Allen Lobozzo

After serving time for killing his wife, Flick continued assaulting women — he’d entered a pattern of committing violent attacks, returning to prison, and getting released again.
That’s where he met 48-year-old Kimberly Dobbie at the library. Dobbie and her boys lived at a shelter, but were about to move into their own apartment. Flick, the New York Times reports, offered to buy her sons nutritious meals.

https://people.com/crime/what-to-kn...ar-old-murderer-deemed-too-old-to-be-violent/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom