Clown Car V: 2020 version!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I, unlike you, know what I'm talking about. You went on and on in the UK politics thread about how awesome it is of Boris Johnson to put the underclasses in place by showing off his knowledge of classical languages but you yourself seem to know squat about the classics.

^ That's what we call projection, ladies and gents.

Last edited:
Really? Again, as with so many of your attempts at arguing by assertion, prove it. It is not projection to say that you spent pages and pages trying to defend some of Boris Johnson's displays of conspicuous consumption. because you did. If you want to suddenly start claiming to have knowledge of classical history then actually display it.

BBC said:
Melania Trump sculpture in Slovenia set on fire on US Independence Day

A quirky wooden sculpture of US First Lady Melania Trump is reported to have been set on fire near her hometown in Slovenia, prompting its removal.

Brad Downey, the American artist who commissioned the statue, said it was targeted on 4 July, Independence Day in the US.

The Berlin-based artist arranged for the charred statue to be removed the next day.

Police told Reuters news agency they had launched an investigation.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The sculpture of Mrs Trump, which could be described as only bearing a crude likeness to the US first lady, was carved out of a tree trunk on the outskirts of Sevnica, her hometown in central Slovenia.

The statue, which depicts Mrs Trump dressed in a blue coat similar to one she wore to her husband's inauguration and with a club-like hand gesturing to the sky, received mixed reviews when it was erected in July 2019.

Some residents branded the statue a "disgrace", complaining it looked more like the Smurfs character Smurfette than the first lady.

Mr Downey told Reuters he wanted to understand who targeted the statue and why.

He said he had hoped the statue would open a dialogue about the political situation in the US, including the fractious debate on immigration.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53343671

Funny, I thought I saw the Melania Trump sculpture in the White House South Lawn on Independence Day.

and , uh , where is the discussion about the actual shrink's book against her uncle having been banned before publication ?

and , uh , where is the discussion about the actual shrink's book against her uncle having been banned before publication ?
Review copies are already out and the news is covering it. Trump is and always has been a psychopath.

I’m going to be honest, with the way 2020 is going. Nothing’s gonna surprise me anymore.

Wait until Kanye nominates a VP.

Wait until Kanye nominates a VP.

My guess is, his wife. (Kim Kardashian, for any of you even more celebrity-illiterate than me.)

Not sure if it belongs to this thread or US elections thread. This may affect Biden, I think.

Ukraine published several phone call records between Poroshenko and Biden, and also Poroshenko and Putin.
Transcript is in Ukrainian, but the audio is in English.

1:50 - First call, August 19, 2016.
Biden calls on behalf of Obama after the incident in Crimea when Ukrainian sabotage group was caught by Russia.
According to the speaker, the sabotage was planned in the airport and Kerch port, where civilians (which they consider as Ukrainian citizens) could suffer.

23:00 - Second call, discussing some issues with a bank belonging to Ukrainian oligarch.

24:25 - Discussing Manafort resignation.

28:30 - Phone call with Putin soon after major battles in Donbass, 2015.
This one is pretty interesting, but it's in Russian.

Countries fear and respect the US a great deal more. Look at the flare-up with North Korea early on (Trump the warmongering maniac!) and then the complete turnabout (Trump the friend of foreign dictators!). Or look at the lack of escalation from Iran after killing the second most powerful person in their country. Capriciousness can really be effective.

Diplomacy is not the same thing as making friends.
nobody respects Trump's America
Exactly. Fervent anti-communist right-winger (and Nobel-prize winning) Mario Vargas Llosa has penned an article titled ‘why Trump must be defeated in the November elections’. Nobody but a fraud-perpetrating minority of warmongering lunatics wants Donald Trump in power within the civilised world.
The US is risking becoming a pariah state at this rate. It is feared. Loved? Maybe. Respected? No. It makes most people feel sorry. We just try to keep out of range until its erratic government looks another way.

This could be an East Slavic pagan ritual, burning an effigy of Morana - goddess impersonating Death and Winter in Slavic mythology.

We still do this in Russia every year on Maslenitsa holidays
Spoiler :

Are you sure you don't just burn it for heat?

Slovenia is, more or less, as far west as Slavs go.

The same kind of mental gymnastics that led to separate but equal.

Lying to the FBI is not crime /s

'A free man!': Trump commutes friend Roger Stone's prison sentence
US President Donald Trump has commuted Roger Stone's sentence, just days before his longtime friend and adviser was due to report to prison, the White House announced.

Stone, 67, was scheduled to report by Tuesday to a federal prison in Jesup, Georgia, to begin serving a sentence of three years and four months for lying under oath to US lawmakers investigating Russian interference in the 2016 US election.
"The truth still exists, the truth still matters," the judge said when handing down the sentence in February.
Trump's decision to commute Stone's sentence marks his most assertive intervention to protect an associate in a criminal case and his latest use of executive clemency to benefit an ally.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-...-stone-s-prison-sentence-20200711-p55b4a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom