1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Clown Car V: 2020 version!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Estebonrober, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Socrates99

Socrates99 Bottoms up!

I'm not moving goalposts. I specifically pointed out examples. You did not. This long wall of text...I could change a few words and it'd be the same rant my dad did when he told me Fox was the most fair.

How is CNN the just the facts network when they let Jake Tapper do a full segment about how M4All would cost too much? Every study says itd save money overall. If they report the facts why would they lie? This forum has pretty good international representation, all you need to do is ask.

Where is CNN's antiwar pundit? Why can Tucker Carlson do better reporting on Iran than CNN?

I gave specific names and issues to back up my opinion. You gave..."I watch all 3..." your confirmation bias is all. Dad's confirmation bias says Fox is great. Hes my dad and that's not enough to change my opinion.

Old Hippy likes this.
  2. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd Rest in Peace Black Panther

I'm not trying to change your opinion, I'm just sharing mine. I'm not trying to convince you of anything and I'm certainly not trying to compete with, or be your dad... Yikes. I will gently point out that you are saying your Dad called FOX the "most fair" and you're here saying essentially the same thing, so you guys clearly agree... but please dont project your issues with your dad onto me, I don't want to get in the middle of that.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  3. Socrates99

Socrates99 Bottoms up!

Cable news is all pretty awful. Saying Fox manages to represent more voices (which IMO equates fair) is still like being the tallest kid in the kindergarten class. The difference between where I'm at and where Dad's at is he thinks they're actually good while I say, shockingly, least sucky.

4. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  5. Commodore

Commodore Deity

Not sure how this is related to water pressure in a home plumbing system, but okay.

Also, you do know we don't drink our water straight from the river, right? It goes through water treatment plants and made potable. The water we all drink is recycled water that has probably been drank, peed in, crapped in, etc. more times than anyone could hope to count. That's why modern civilizations purify and treat their water before they drink it.

6. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Additional pollution puts those cleaning systems under strain. People with compromised immune systems will be the first hit when things start to break down but it can affect everyone. And all the life in and around the river will die off thanks to the pollution. Then when it hits the ocean, algae blooms will kill everything and force beach closures.

There is no reason why you should be paying for corporate pollution with your health and environmental damage to the area around you. The pollution generators are generating an external cost that they are shifting onto you. You okay paying that due bill? You okay with your family potentially paying it?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    Lexicus and Cloud_Strife like this.
  7. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

but bringing back cholera outbreaks seems so classic nostalgia conservatism!

hobbsyoyo and FriendlyFire like this.
  8. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

That really would be a return to the 19th century.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  9. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

That is a very important iniative for Trumps EPA.
    Imagine living down river of any cities and breathing in the MAGA.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  10. cardgame

cardgame Obsessively Opposed to the Typical

11. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

Does he though? He is opposed to 'getting involved' in the Middle East, but he is still an Islamophobic bigot and I'm not sure that counts as 'better reporting'.

12. Socrates99

Socrates99 Bottoms up!

The fact that he's a douchebag islamophobe and STILL has the right stance on a war in Iran is pretty impressive.

Old Hippy likes this.
  13. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

But he comes at it from a completely different perspective. The example that jumps to mind is a neo-Nazi criticizing US support for Israel. Even if someone superficially agrees with you, if their underlying thought process is repulsive I for one wouldn't say they have the 'right stance'.

Lexicus likes this.
  14. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

We are supposed to get Jared's Mid East peace plan this week. I've heard that a major component of it is to let Israel fully annex the West bank. I guess we'll see.

15. Cloud_Strife

Cloud_Strife Deity

And by peace plan what you actually mean is a total capitulation to Israeli desires

16. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

That sounds promising /s

Birdjaguar likes this.
  17. Socrates99

Socrates99 Bottoms up!

its not even close to that. Tell me how an islamophobe arguing against bombing more Muslims is similar to a neo nazi's antisemitism being reason for criticism of Israel.

18. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

Total annihilation of all sides in a conflict but one does lead to peace in our time.

19. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/25/7995...publicly-accuses-npr-journalist-of-lying-to-h

"He shouted at me for about the same amount of time as the [9-minute] interview itself had lasted," Kelly told Shapiro. "He was not happy to have been questioned about Ukraine. He asked, 'Do you think Americans care about Ukraine?' He used the F-word in that sentence and many others."

Pompeo then had a pop quiz for Kelly, a veteran national security correspondent who has reported from China, Russia and, most recently, Iran.

"He asked if I could find Ukraine on a map; I said yes," she continued. "He called out for his aides to bring him a map of the world with no writing, no countries marked. I pointed to Ukraine. He put the map away. He said, 'People will hear about this.' "

I have serious doubts as to whether Trump could find the Ukraine without it marked. . .or with it marked for that matter.

cardgame and hobbsyoyo like this.
  20. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

"It's a waste of time to try to civilize those monkeys, we should be using those resources at home to round up Mexicans and put em in cages"