1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Clown Car VI: Hello, Goodbye. On to 2024.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AmazonQueen, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Hm, not sure what to make of this - I mean who makes stuff up about what is to happen in... a day from now?
    But Alex Jones posted a video where he says that Q-anon (which were "in reality" special forces and have "taken over laptops with proof of fraud" etc etc) was right to claim that tomorrow Biden will step down and Trump will have a second term.

I can't see what Alex is thinking, tbh. At any rate he can't just be pretending to believe a conspiracy which (if false) will be struck down a few hours from now. Then again it is extremely unlikely to see a military-style coup in the US.

Q-anon, of course, is the clearly highly intellectual side which believes that Tom Hanks is a paedophile and vacations in Greece due to "paedophilia not being a crime there" :p

Maybe Alex wants to play the clown, to use that as defense later on (?)

Only a few days ago he was sick of "all these witches and warlocks"

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  2. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

Yes they do!

The Extradition Clause in the US Constitution requires states, upon demand of another state, to deliver a fugitive from justice who has committed a "treason, felony or other crime" to the state from which the fugitive has fled. 18 U.S.C. § 3182 sets the process by which an executive of a state, district, or territory of the United States must arrest and turn over a fugitive from another state, district, or territory.

For a person to be extradited interstate, 18 U.S.C. § 3182 requires:

• An executive authority demand of the jurisdiction to which a person that is a fugitive from justice has fled.
    • The requesting executive must also produce a copy of an indictment found or an affidavit made before a magistrate of any state or territory. The document must charge the fugitive demanded with having committed treason, felony, or other crime, and it must be certified as authentic by the governor or chief magistrate of the state or territory from where the person so charged has fled.
    • The executive receiving the request must then cause the fugitive to be arrested and secure and to notify the requesting executive authority or agent to receive the fugitive.
    • An agent of the executive of the state demanding extradition must appear to receive the prisoner, which must occur within 30 days from time of arrest, or the prisoner may be released. Some states allow longer waiting periods, of up to 90 days.
    • Cases of kidnapping by a parent to another state see automatic involvement by the US Marshals Service.
    In Kentucky v. Dennison,[1] decided in 1860, the Supreme Court held that, although the governor of the asylum state had a constitutional duty to return a fugitive to the demanding state, the federal courts had no authority to enforce this duty. As a result, for more than 100 years, the governor of one state was deemed to have discretion on whether or not he/she would comply with another state's request for extradition.

In a 1987 case, Puerto Rico v. Branstad,[2] the court overruled Dennison, and held that the governor of the asylum state has no discretion in performing his or her duty to extradite, whether that duty arises under the Extradition Clause of the Constitution or under the Extradition Act (18 U.S.C. § 3182), and that a federal court may enforce the governor's duty to return the fugitive to the demanding state.[3] There are only four grounds upon which the governor of the asylum state may deny another state’s request for extradition:[4]

1. the extradition documents facially are not in order;
    2. the person has not been charged with a crime in the demanding state;
    3. the person is not the person named in the extradition documents; or
    4. the person is not a fugitive.
    There appears to be at least one additional exception: if the fugitive is under sentence in the asylum state, he need not be extradited until his punishment in the asylum state is completed.[5]

3. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

Yes

4. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

Well...
    You've answered your own question. :lol: Stop watching that stuff Kyr... its bad for you.

El_Machinae and Birdjaguar like this.
  5. r16

r16 not deity

so does BSS , meaning BS squared (and ı will like miss using it) get a 21 gun salute or does he not ? Obviously they wouldn't be targeting him , and of course reports are divided whether Pentagon refused or not but firing 20 would be such a nice move .

conspiracy as a steady diet makes one weaker . All the Rothschilt stuff has made America stronger as there is no way you could like even fight a scheme that like has been never defeated ... Except it like has been a thousand times , at least once every year .

6. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

Anecdotally this chart is wrong and is missing a big chunk of time regarding the shift in this phenomena

cardgame likes this.
  7. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

You're answering yourself, he's making stuff up.

Birdjaguar likes this.
  8. cardgame

cardgame Obsessively Opposed to the Typical

yeah, @Samson that chart is way too old

9. mitsho

mitsho Deity

I was... joking. Obviously, I thought. But yeah, it makes sense, I can see the situation in the Wild West arising, it fits perfectly that this isn't as settled as I thought and since the US never had any kind of constitutional refreshment like other countries had. But thank you for the detailed response!

I wanted to make that joke as well, but didn't dare. It's kinda corny, but I like to respond that way :)

Birdjaguar and Sommerswerd like this.
  10. Takhisis

Just join the snark side of the forums already.

Sommerswerd and mitsho like this.
  11. Gori the Grey

Gori the Grey The Poster

I love that joke. I would have made it if Sommer hadn't beat me to it. Doesn't Latin have vel and aut to prevent one from being able to make that joke?

Sommerswerd likes this.
  12. mitsho

mitsho Deity

How would that prevent it? Though - having done Latin in school - I can't seem to recall the word for yes right now.

That may have other reasons though.

I hereby solemnly swear to be more snarky.

13. Gori the Grey

Gori the Grey The Poster

And the methodology strikes me as sketchy. That y-axis is letters to the editor in NYT and ChiTrib. The editors have something to say about how many of those get printed!

cardgame likes this.
  14. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

Yea for that matter its really not going to work post 2015 considering the neocon ecosphere, they do not write to NYT or ChiTrib anymore, you would have to find a way to quantify Brietbart comments section. . .lmfao. Let us get down on trying to quantify Brietbart comments section for academic study.

15. Kyriakos

That was never in question. But it only pays to make stuff up when it either is not easy to establish if they are happening or not, or they will happen (or fail to happen) in a distant future. It is rather bizarre to make stuff up about something to happen in a few hours. Maybe he wants to use it in some defense, such as "I have no ties to any movements, I was mislead and believed it" etc.
    Or he is like Pence, and doesn't feel like getting death threats from Qanon and similar groups.

@Sommerswerd , don't worry, it's been years since I watched anything by Alex. It's harmless fun, when one isn't in USia.

16. Takhisis

Nnnnah, he could just be delusional and/or lying every nanosecond of his life for fun and profit.

17. Kyriakos

He literally was against them two days ago. I doubt he is unaware of an issue with credibility there.

Although a more likely case is that Alex is just trolling Q with that video, and it's all a joke ^_^

Actually, now that I watched the full video, he says so himself: "I was just illustrating how anyone can use fake headlines and lure you" etc. USA forever :p

18. Takhisis

See? Fun and profit.

Sommerswerd likes this.
  19. Takhisis

More on fun and profit: the presidential pardon show begins!

20. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious