1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Clown Car VI: Hello, Goodbye. On to 2024.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AmazonQueen, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Obama isn't president of the world.

2. r16

r16 not deity

ah yeah , the umbrella affair tops it all . Because New Turkey was supposed to be boots on the ground and New Turkey supposed it owned America because supposedly the beat the global cabalistic conspiracy of a certain nationality that has a name that starts with the letter of J and as such Obama owed New Turkey , there was this scandal that involved a Marine holding an umbrella . To prevent anything happening , because Obama was a lackey of only the Saudis and hated finger wagging at him in the White House . Yeah , such were the footsteps of Trump marching in .

3. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

Commenting on the historic nature of VPOTUS swearing in Rev. Warnock, John Ossoff and her replacement, Alex Padilla, as freshman Senators... Anna Navarro on CNN just said:

"it almost sounds like the setup of a joke... a Black a Jew and a Latina walk into the Senate..."

In other news... they are reporting that contrary to expectation, the traditional farewell letter was left in the resolute desk for Biden. I'm fairly confident that it was penned by a staffer as a face saving measure.

Biden is in the Oval Office now signing a stack of Executive Orders stacked as tall as his shoulders... he just signed one to re-enter the Paris Climate Accords :D

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    Birdjaguar and EdmundIronside like this.
  4. Samson

Samson Deity

If Biden is going to wear a mask every time he appears in front of the american people, he really needs to find a mask that stays in place while he talks.

5. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    In looking over the list, I’m not looking forward on the reimplementation of critical race theory in our government and giving illegal immigrants amnesty when they cross the border illegally. I’m not a big fan of reentering the Climate Accords if we’re not gonna reign in China’s pollution output and hamstringing our own energy needs (I can already picture high gas prices returning with a vengeance).

bernie14 likes this.
  6. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

Dude, regardless of what China does, if the US doesn't curb its own emissions there won't be a world to fight over in the first place.

Gorbles and Birdjaguar like this.
  7. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The long wait

Sigh of relief, but yes, he's going to stuff things up proper in his own way, and he'll have his own brand of dingleberries.

Bet he's going to stop the pipeline again, favoring inefficient transport of the same fuel by rail infrastructure to make a fantastically stupid political point. Here's hoping I'm wrong on that one.

8. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

When US production of greenhouse gases per head of population is less than Chinas you'll have the right to criticise them. Until then getting your own house in order would be a good place to start.

Gorbles and Estebonrober like this.
  9. Samson

Samson Deity

The Daily Star is a low brow tabloid in the UK. I though it had gone quite right wing, but I guess they do not like Trump. I think that this is really funny:
    • He left Biden a note? Who knew he learned to write?!
    • Sleepy Joe takes over & stuns us all by being normal
    Spoiler :

10. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    If China isin't going to pull it's weight, then we don't have any business being a part of the treaty. It doesn't matter of the production of gasses a country has, we still have a right to criticise them.

11. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

Keep repeating this to yourself and tell me if it still makes sense in ten minutes. Its a talking point that literally has no point other then to otherize someone. Our ability to produce clean energy is huge and it is our moral responsibility to do so. I'll use an anecdote in my personal life to demonstrate the point. I recycle pretty effectively, have for years, but recently I've been told the trash company doing our recycling is jsut dumping it as trash. I cannot stop them from ruining the environment, but I can do my part and I do. So let's do our part. Not only will it makes us safer, cleaner, and more robust as a nation, it will also make us right with each other and our planet in this fundamental way.

12. r16

r16 not deity

trump ignoring environment ... How many billions of dollars the American economy made with relaxed rules ? Or was it companies CFC members do not own ?

13. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The long wait

Well, you could always argue, rightfully, and more easily, that we should develop a clean energy grid alongside our current grid because it will make us stronger and more robust and it's an infrastructure bill. I mean, assuming it's the sort of initiative that builds out a superior nation instead of being implemented to mostly smack people around via taxes when they drive to work, in older cars, because you know, social scum or something. Which is also popular with the wrong sort of right type of person.

14. r16

r16 not deity

america had the greatest lead in clean energy production thing until Dabya came around with the brilliant idea of financing his Crusade with lraqi oil , you could have imposed some severe bill on your competitors by being demonstrably clean and actually have a cleaner economy , too .

15. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The long wait

Texas kicks ass at wind energy. It's a matter of will and it's a matter of being willing to subsidize building out good for everybody things out where your wrong type of neighbor lives instead of taxing pipelines for moving what's already moving easier and then freeing up rail transport for things that otherwise get shipped bulk by truck. That sort of stuff. I'd say it mostly gets hindered by zero-summing internal divisions within the country. But maybe I'm a cynic.

Ferocitus likes this.
  16. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Not really, diverting people's climate anxiety into virtue-signalling and individual moral condemnation is a masterstroke by people who don't want to reorganize society.

cardgame likes this.
  17. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The long wait

I agree. Texas is better at wind for two reasons, a) it has it and the space for it, and b) it subsidizes it so building it is profitable. It works. Doing things that work is good. Building things that are good, works. The pipeline moves oils which move anyways. If you don't have the pipeline, the oils still move, but now they move by rail. And the bulk goods they price out of rail transport, which they do do, now move by truck*. Doing things that are inefficient for a purpose, such as to virtue signal, like with the pipeline, is indeed bad. Calling building needful infrastructure pork is indeed bad. See? We agree on lots of stuff.

*Don't get distracted by price cycles, big infrastructure building crosses multiple cycles before the benefits are gained.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    cardgame likes this.
  18. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

Well, yes, it's for the US' own sake and survival that the country needs to get in on the environmental bandwaggon already.

19. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Since the US isn't pulling its own weight your government criticising anyone on this issue is pure hypocrisy.

Gorbles likes this.
  20. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The long wait

No dookie.