1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CN tower removing 33% culture bonus

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by CloudedSun, Jul 22, 2013.

1. CloudedSun

CloudedSun Chieftain

Not sure if this was already reported, but I couldn't find anything similar on a search of the forums.

Building the CN tower is removing the 33% culture bonus for the broadcast tower in some cities.

I've not been able to identify what's causing it - some of the cities that aren't getting the bonus did have a broadcast tower before I completed the CN tower, and some didn't.

Conversely, most cities still get the correct 33% bonus, regardless of whether they had a pre-existing broadcast tower.

2. FeiLing

FeiLing Deity

Did you clearly mouseover the culture part in the city screen where it lists all percent bonuses to your culture for a city and noticed the +33% there from lacking after CN?

Just asking to be sure that you not just assumed it due a drop in culture production which could for e.g. also come from the end of a golden age (or if that world congress/UN dismisses the culture bonus to landmarks/natural wonders/actual wonders again).

In any way, a save is probably needed to verify this.

3. CloudedSun

CloudedSun Chieftain

Ok, save attached now.

In the example game, Fes is about to build the tower. Most cities after this will show the 33% bonus if mousing over the culture section in the city screen. However, Marrakech and Tangier won't show it.

Further, actually doing the math on the culture shows it is definitely missing in those two cities.

Attached Files:

4. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

After looking at the save file, I think I can confirm this as a bug. Four cities (Fes, Rabat, Marrakech and Tangiers) have Broadcast Towers before the CN Tower is built. In two of those cities (Rabat and Fes), the BT's Great Work of Music slot is populated with a Great Musician and in the other two (Marrakech and Tangiers), the slot is empty. After the CN Tower is built, Fes and Rabat retain the +33% culture bonus for the BT but Marrakech and Tangiers do not retain the bonus. So the bug appears to occur when a city already has a BT pre-CN Tower, but its Great Work of Musician slot is empty.