CNN sues Trump over Acosta

"The judge said the government could not say who initially decided to revoke Acosta’s hard pass and how that decision was reached."

That's from an article on the preliminary ruling granting immediate relief to Acosta. I think the judge made it pretty clear that unless they have a designated decision maker they are not going to get their way in the future.

Ok, but that's not hard.

Published by the White House on fancy expensive paper and handed to correspondents when they enter the room:

During this press conference a maximum of two consecutive questions will be allowed. Failure to abide by this policy and surrender the mic/floor at the end of two questions will result in expulsion from the conference and revocation of that individual's access credentials.

Published by the Press Secretary.

Boom. Make a lawyer write it so the magic words are invoked and the enchantment is secure. I doubt Assclown wants to do that though, caprice isn't a bug.

Ok, but that's not hard.

Published by the White House on fancy expensive paper and handed to correspondents when they enter the room:

During this press conference a maximum of two consecutive questions will be allowed. Failure to abide by this policy and surrender the mic/floor at the end of two questions will result in expulsion from the conference and revocation of that individual's access credentials.

Published by the Press Secretary.

Boom. Make a lawyer write it so the magic words are invoked and the enchantment is secure. I doubt Assclown wants to do that though, caprice isn't a bug.

I suspect that is way too hard for Sarah Sanders to manage. Someone in the press corps would almost certainly immediately ask some question where she would just relish the opportunity to drone on, and give her two softball followup questions that she would stupidly answer. With that demonstration that the administration had no real intention to enforce the new rules we'd be right back at square one.

How does that make it hard for her?

Well, then hopefully the courts keep working as they have.

I still wouldn't expect to expose the secrets of the universe from a white house press conference.

How does that make it hard for her?

Because she is almost certain to be incapable of following any such rules, so she would be immediately compromised as the supposed enforcer of rules.

Edit: Yeah, what Silurian said.

There would also be problems over what is a question; does a question count if it is not answered at all, or the reply is an insult; what happens if you refer to another persons question that was not answered as part of your question does that count a s two questions; what happens if you ask a long winded question does that count as two questions.

The White House will have to enforce any rules equally in real time or it will be racking up precedents.

Well, if she can't follow the rules they can't expel anybody. Well, they can obviously. But the court can keep ordering them back in. Which, given drama drama drama, might well be the point.

Well, if she can't follow the rules they can't expel anybody. Well, they can obviously. But the court can keep ordering them back in. Which, given drama drama drama, might well be the point.

It would also make it impossible when they wanted a third question to be asked to get something out with out a press release.

One error reporters make is to package too many questions into one question. It's because they are not going to get follow-up questions, so they ask all their questions as one question. But it makes it much easier for the politician to dodge the question

It would also make it impossible when they wanted a third question to be asked to get something out with out a press release.

True. Comity isn't free nor is equitable treatment. Both things the current administration is not particularly interested in, near as I can tell, but would both be decent goals of proposed rule.

The White House is fully restoring Acosta's press pass.
But they will discipline him if he is naughty again.:splat:

I need a press pass. I just need one question per press conference and will happily drop the mic for the right intern.

Why is it that Trump is the first President in the history of America that needs these rules ?
Are there penalties if Trump violates these rules ? Acosta was only given one question by the President while everyone else in the press corp got two question which is why he tried to ask hes second question ?
What if Trump declines to answer the question and just yells out FAKE NEWS, dose that count as a question asked or can Journalist ask again ?

Maybe if Trump didnt Gaslight so much the media wouldn't be so combative.
I suspect that Trump narcissism and Alzheimer is going to get worse there will be more drama on show.

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Top Bottom