1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Coastal Building Chain Issue

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Ahruman, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Ahruman

Ahruman Chieftain

playing v40, which is the latest update as far as I have seen, and most if not all coastal buildings, from the base harbor chain to the naval unit repair line requires the baseline coast, but cannot be built in a city that has Polar or Tropical coast. I am pretty sure this is unintentional since there doesn't seem to be any particular reason for you to be unable to build a harbor if your city is in Mexico instead of California.

2. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Does mapscripts generate other coast types?
    Looks like ALL buildings, that require coast needs to require any of three types of coast.

I can update coast requiring buildings.
    Looks like its code issue, as bwater tag is what makes building require coast...

Alternatively it may be text issue - that is "requires Coast" should be renamed to something else.
    Yup, its text issue - I made Alpha Male artificially require coast. (bwater tag)
    I can build it even if I'm surrounded by polar variants of coast/sea/ocean.

If it was actual bug, then update to latest SVN, as I can't recreate it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Is the problem that the noted building(s) are not using the bwater tag and are instead requiring a specific terrain in vicinity or something?

4. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Nothing uses any water terrain as direct requirement.
    Only exception needs tropical ocean in vicinity - its information era powerplant or something like that.

It seems that it is text issue only.