Coins, Moneybags, Hammers and Bread

civhawaii

Chieftain
I'm kinda new to the game and wanted to get some clarification.

Ok I know Bread = Food = faster population growth
Hammers = Production = faster unit training/buildings

Are coins and moneybags are the same thing. i.e. 5 coins = 1 moneybag?

So do coins & moneybags = commerce, but what does commerce equal, research?

Is there an icon for gold? I get confused between moneybags and gold coins.

i'm sure someone will beat me to it, but...

money bag=5 'coins' of commerce (but not GOLD). all the commerce your civ collects is split btwn research and gold via your research slider at teh top left of the screen...

In your city screen

1 slice of bread = 1 food
a full loaf = 5 food

1 coin = 1 commerce
1 bag of money = 5 commerce.

1 hammer = 1 production point
1 anvil = 5 production points.

Commerce can equal research, gold, or culture depending on your tax rate.

So lets say your city, Rome, is currently producing 10 commerce. If your science rate is 100% Then every single commerce point becomes a beaker towards research. So 10 commerce at 100% research = 10 beakers.

If your research is 50%, and your tax rate is 50%, then you produce 5 gold, 5 beakers. If tax is 100%, then you produce 10 gold per turn.
(Keep in mind that the palace produces 8 commerce a turn)

Now, lets say your culture rate is 20%, your research is 70%, your tax rate is 10%

Everyturn, Rome, with 10 commerce produces:
2 culture per turn
7 beakers per turn
1 gold per turn

Its pretty simple. However, stuff like libaries and observatories will increase the amount of beakers, markets, banks and the like will increase gold, and theatres will increase culture.

Oh ok so the moneybags are split between gold and research. I guess I never really thought that moving the slider down gave you more gold, I always thought it just meant less was being spent on research. Like there was a fixed amount of gold you earn.

Top Bottom