1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CoL Amendment - Elections

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game: Citizens' started by ravensfire, Jan 1, 2006.

1. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

Through an apparent oversite, the length of each term is not mentioned in the ruleset, anywhere! :eek: It appears as though the Censor has some ability to set this via their procedures, but let's get this nailed down in law, shall we?

Addition to Section 5.A.I

IB. All elections are for a fixed term from first of the month to the last day. Elections for a term shall begin and end, excluding runoffs, prior to the start of that term.

-- Ravensfire

2. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Is anyone interested in processing this as a "minor oversight"? Unofficially I'm going to interpret my own words :lol: and say that someone has to request use of the "minor oversight" clause, and say that this (my) post is not such an official request.

Are there any objections to calling this a "minor oversight" issue? We're allowed to bypass the amendment process if someone requests it, and fewer than 5 people object.

3. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

I will gladly approve this as a minor oversight with a slight revision.

IB. All elections are for a fixed term of a calendar month. Elections for a term shall begin and end, excluding runoffs, prior to the start of that term.

Does this sound okay to everyone?

4. mhcarver

mhcarver Newspaper Mogul

sounds fine to me DZ

5. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

No objection here, although this is about as far as I am comfortable pushing that clause.

-- Ravensfire

6. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I had exactly this type of problem in mind when slipping in that clause. The type of thing where "everybody knows what we do is x".

Another place I'd plan to use it is in the percentages for polls to pass. There were some places which said 51% in the CoL and I'm not certain we caught them all. It should say ">50%" or "a majority" instead, since a vote of 26-25 would not pass with a legal definition which says 51%, it's 50.9%, and all larger total votes with a winner by 1 vote would also fail.