CoL Amendment- Impeaching the Tri

greekguy

Missed the Boat
Greetings again citizens! it has come to my attention that in our CoL, the only way to impeach the triumverate is to wipe out the entire tri. so if you guys decide i'm a lousy Sec. of State, and want me gone, then you also get rid of our Sec. of War, even though he's doing a fine job. that doesn't sound right to me. so i propose me amend our Code of Laws to change the law to making impeachment of the tri a case by case basis. impeaching 1 member, wouldn't wipe out the entire tri. so, if you guys agree with me, then let's work on making a draft and then submit it to the Judiciary once all the requirements for amendments are met.

I agree with greekguy. It seems silly to me that all three of the triumvirate have to be impeached for one to be impeached. It is reasonable (probably even more likely) that one of the triumvirate could be neglecting the duties of his post while the other two are doing a perfectly fine job.

MM

Two things, fellow...um....biumvirate member: ;)

1. We have to see if our current CoL will be tarred and feathered by the wronged masses in the form of a successful nullification amendment. I have actually grown quite comfortable with the Tri, but we should probably make sure it is worth the investment of time to pursue this change.

2. This is one of the unique aspects of the Triumvirate ruleset that I like: it allows us from just following the same old roads. What if two of three members are doing a great job but the third one just has to go, or has been removed by other means(uh oh)? In that case there is nothing stopping the efficient members from reapplying for their old jobs (or applying for a more powerful Tri position in the latter case).

The downside is that impeaching the entire Tri would give full power to the Ministers for the time it takes to nominate and elect the new Tri. So there would definitely be merit to changing this.

I am on the fence for now, and will await further discussion.

This is one of the few (very few) changes which would need to be made to transform the Triumvirate system into a Flex system by a different name. Ravensfire and I (and others) had the core essence of Tri trimmed down to an almost meaningless nubbin compared to its former self.

Let's just finish the job, and the people will wake up in a few days and discover that Tri was really Flex in a wolf's clothing anyway. :lol:

Daveshack thats what i've been saying all along!:lol: :lol:

About the Impeaching the whole Tri. In the words of many in Monty Pythons Flying Circus "Now thats just silly":lol: :lol: :goodjob: :crazyeye:

"Our chief weapon is surprise and... Our two chief weapons are surprise and fear and..." :D

:goodjob: :king: YES A MONTY PYTHON QUOTING THREAD, MY LIFE GOAL IS REALIZED!:crazyeye: :lol:

Does this have to be an either/or thing? I see nothing wrong with impeaching the Tri (or Bi) as a whole but I also think we should have the right to oust just one member if we want to. I'm unclear as to the nature of this proposal. Is individual impeachment meant to replace the current version of impeachment or two supplement it?

donsig said:
Does this have to be an either/or thing? I see nothing wrong with impeaching the Tri (or Bi) as a whole but I also think we should have the right to oust just one member if we want to. I'm unclear as to the nature of this proposal. Is individual impeachment meant to replace the current version of impeachment or two supplement it?

That would be up to the citizens. I would like the proposal to replace impeaching the tri as a whole, with impeaching a tri member seperatly. of course, if the citizens don't want it, then i'll make the amendment for supplemation, rather than replacement of the current law.

The Court has ruled that the current law requiring all members of the triumvirate to be impeached together stands as written. If there is still some citizen interest in changing this, it's still an issue.

I think it's odd to impeach 2 others when one person did something wrong. It's really asking for sabotage.

well i really lost interest in pushing this amendment foward. so, if the people want this to proceed to the courts, polls, etc., then someone else will have to do it.

Top Bottom