[Col2] JAnimals: Project Discussion

Jeckel

Great Reverend
Not much to say. Colonization 2 has no barbarians. Don't let the CIVILIZATION_BARBARIAN in the CivilizationInfos fool ya, none of the Civ4 Barbarian code is left in the SDK.

I'm going about return Barbarian Animals to Col2. RL is kinda hecktic lately, so this is a nice laid back project. I've put about an hour into SDK work and have a new Animal UnitAI added and have also added a Barbarian Player that works more like Col2 Natives then the Civ4 Barbarian Player.

What I've mostly been working on is adding new Animal Units. I've pulled most of these from the Animal Empire Mod by Stategyonly, so much props to him and all the creators of the models I included and those I didn't. :goodjob:

This is just somthing I'm messing around with, so I don't have any time frame yet, but it shouldn't be to complex to get done when I have time to work on it.

Thanx Zuul, I was wondering if anyone would stumble upon this tread. I was going to release this component the other day, but I just wasn't happy with the Animal Random Spawning code, so I've been tweaking that a bit.

I'm almost happy with the Spawning code now, and I have a little balancing to do on the Strengths and Movements of the Animals, but then it will be down and I will upload it. :)

Well, things have been kinda busy RL wise, in addition to my endless playing of Red Alert 3.. :p However, I have gotten a little more done on this mod.

I have the Spawning code done and have moved all the numbers from SDK to XML. I now just need to tweak the AI Unit Patrol code a little and balance the UnitInfo XML values for the Animals.

One step at a time and I'll get this done. Slow and steady wins the race and all that. :cool:

You need a sea serpent. :)

Hmm, a Sea Serpent, I was thinking that I need another Coast and another Ocean Animal. That would be good for the Ocean Animal, now I just need to find another Coast Animal to go with the Giant Tortoise.

I got a few hours off tonight while my girl is at work and I'm finishing up the AI code of Animals randomly patroling around the Map.

Will probly release a Beta version some time tonight or tomorrow. :cool:

Top Bottom