1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold war is cool (ics cold baby)

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by Toxitalk, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Toxitalk

Toxitalk Chieftain

I posted this in RON Heaven but the forums over there are dead.

I used to play RON quite a lot, as I felt it played better then AOE2 (My poor machine wont have AOE3 etc... so dont go there)

I decided to boot it up again the other day and play the cold war game (for some reason I had never played it prior to that just the conquer teh world one)

how ever I play it (Americans or Russians) I seem to get my butt kicked. Is there any general tips for the cold war game or have I just been unlucky, as I never seemed to have this issue in conquer the world?

Many thanks

2. eazyhasaids

eazyhasaids Chieftain

Take the middle east and depending on what difficulty you play on go for all of korea during the korean war. Play a lot of espionage too it unlocks a lot of really good bonuses i.e. you can gain china.

Its pretty sad that the heaven games forums died. Its mainly due to the fact that a lot of the hard coding made modding difficult for the average user and the scenario editor is lacking a lot in comparison to AOE2, although there are a lot of good mods and scenarios.

3. Stewie0416

Stewie0416 Who Cares?

Just be americans and just win by production or something like that ( i havent played much lately, civing 2 much.)