Colin Powell: Former US secretary of state dies of Covid complications

He was SecyofState and you think he didn't know they were framing Saddam? The British knew. The list of 'they' is very long, we just elected one of them. And I suspect he was involved in the torture program, his job was telling other countries what we needed from them so he would have known about black sites. Pelosi knew, and when she got the power in the House she swept it under the rug. Bush and Powell have atoned, Trump is the villain.
Its a well known fact the Secretary of State exists to be the last person informed on anything dodgy, so the US can trot someone out to say "we have no knowledge of the plot we are accused of running".

He was responsible, & later admitted he was responsible, & regretted it. All I'm saying is that he didn't know the information he was presenting was fabricated at the time he presented it. Others did. Others in that administration used him. And he bears that responsibility, & admitted as such later, & as I said, deeply regretted it. I just don't hold people who were lied to & used to the same standard as those who lied to them & used them.

That goes for many of the people in Congress who voted for the Authorization of Military Force, & also, the vast majority of the American people. They were lied to, by people who knew the truth & made up the lies, to achieve the result they wanted.

*Those* people - the originators of the lies - are war criminals. The ones who believed the lies, including Powell, most of Congress, & the American people, & acted upon or supported those lies, based on the information they were given at the time, I hold less accountable (though not blameless). The perpetrators of the lies, yes, I agree with you; the ones lied to, I disagree with you. But, I respect your opinion on the subject. I've said my piece, so I'll leave it at that.

Even if the lies were true the war was still criminal. Imagine Iran attacking the United States to pre-empt some weapons research program we were engaged in. We would rightly condemn this as a criminal war of aggression.

Though as a matter of practicality stopping certain folks from getting certain weapons might just be a good idea.

Nuclear armaments for Oakland and Kansas!

Jimmy Dore's homage to Colin Powell... a little history lesson

People dont climb the ranks in Washington without sacrificing their souls, elections are about the only way to bypass the swamp and they're effectively rigged via the 2 party/corporate system.

Oh don't worry. We'll all be savage trash to our grandchildren, should we do a good enough job that they're better than us.
The only universe in which it is and it should be normal is the "1984" novel.

Should, eh? I am on board with should.

Should, eh? I am on board with should.
Should because it is fitting the universe. In no normal society scolding your elders should be praised.

Top Bottom