Collection of Resources

Victorvanwavere

Warlord
Here are some Resources I have Gathered.
(If I am using any once Pics and they want me to remove them,
please let me know and I will remove them at once).

If any one has any other, please add to this thread.

I dont think you can have more than 6x6 tiles, So if you want to use any of the resources below line 6. You will need to move them up.

Version 1 :Removed after 36 Downloads
Version 2: Removed after 185 Downloads
Version 3: Posted 5/11

(Picture 3 posts down)

There.
Edit: hmm...

Attachments

• resources.jpg
    resources.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 6,118
Hey thanks, you've just saved me the bother of extending my resources.pcx file. I'm so glad I'll no longer have to double or even triple my icon usage. That alone is a major improvement in this last patch, at least for me.

Great compilation! Thanks!
I just have one problem: around half of the added resources are not exactly clear about what they represent... Could someone please explain (using coordinates to say which one) what they all are???
Thanks!

Originally posted by ShadowFlame
Great compilation! Thanks!
I just have one problem: around half of the added resources are not exactly clear about what they represent... Could someone please explain (using coordinates to say which one) what they all are???
Thanks!

The general idea is to create your own. What ever you think they represent, that's what they are.

PS You don't even have to use the ones provided if you don't want to. If you use some sort of graphics program, you can copy and paste whatever suits your fancy in the spaces provided. There's a quite number of different files like this one kicking around, so you can pick and choose whatever you like, and add them to your own game.

Originally posted by teturkhan
how many resources can you have in the game? Or do we have to bump one off to put in somethign different?

I'm not sure about the total number. It might be 82, that seemed to be a limit before the new patch. It could be unlimited now though. At any rate 82 is more than enough. There used to be a problem of not being able to see icons after 24, but 1.21f has resolved that.

And no you don't have to bump any off, although I've read that luxuries have no effect on happiness after 8. I haven't put that to the test myself though. I have managed some extra strategic resources with no problems, and I have at least 30 bonus resources in my game.

Originally posted by Willem

I'm not sure about the total number. It might be 82, that seemed to be a limit before the new patch. It could be unlimited now though. At any rate 82 is more than enough. There used to be a problem of not being able to see icons after 24, but 1.21f has resolved that.

And no you don't have to bump any off, although I've read that luxuries have no effect on happiness after 8. I haven't put that to the test myself though. I have managed some extra strategic resources with no problems, and I have at least 30 bonus resources in my game.

As far as I know (and tested), you can only have 36 different pictures in the game. Resources above No. 36 show up in the editor, but not in the game. I've used Gramphos Copytool and V1.21. It's of course no problem to add more than 36 resources. But it only works if using the same pic for different resources. More than 36 pics doesn't work.

Luxuries: You can only use the eight positions of the original game for luxuries. So you can replace luxuries one by one, but you cannot ADD any luxuries, without causing the game to crash.

If you know otherwise, please tell us exactly what you did, to make this work.

Originally posted by Gelvan

As far as I know (and tested), you can only have 36 different pictures in the game. Resources above No. 36 show up in the editor, but not in the game. I've used Gramphos Copytool and V1.21. It's of course no problem to add more than 36 resources. But it only works if using the same pic for different resources. More than 36 pics doesn't work.

Luxuries: You can only use the eight positions of the original game for luxuries. So you can replace luxuries one by one, but you cannot ADD any luxuries, without causing the game to crash.

If you know otherwise, please tell us exactly what you did, to make this work.

36 eh? Too bad, I was under the impression from the patch readme that it was unlimited. Still 36 is an improvement, and probably all I'll need for my mod, whenever I get around to working on it again. I don't mind doubling up on some of the bonus resource icons, as long as I'll be able to recognize the strategic ones. That was the main problem I was having before.

I'd sure like to know how this one guy managed to get 82 into his game. He put up a screen shot so I could clearly see that he had more than what everyone else was able to do at the time. But he's the only one I've ever come across who was able to have so many.

As for Luxury icons I didn't really both with those, except to replace Furs with Gold. It didn't make any sense to me having gold be more available than Iron etc. I did add a few Strategic resources without any problem though. You can't see them all in the city display, but you can use them as a requirement for things.

With the new patch, new resources can be added without any problems.

The only problem with this pcx is that the first 22 are out of order. If someone could put the standard resources in the correct order, then followed by all the new ones, it would be much more convenient.

I would do it, but I dont have photoshop. :D

Originally posted by teturkhan
I will be working on my mod shortly, and would love to add more strategic resources. Can this be done easily? - meaning have them working properly, pictures on menus etc...

For the most part yes. There's a bit of work involved when dealing with the civilopedia, but in the game itself it's pretty easy, at least with the latest patch.

Originally posted by joespaniel
Theres one other little problem here:

No resource shadow pcx. :eek:

There is a resource shadow pcx, which is in the same place as the resource pcx; it gives a shadow to the resources. The shadows need to be in the same order as the resources, or you get some interesting shadow discrepancies; wine shadow on coal pcx.

Top Bottom