Collector's Edition?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Reboot, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Reboot

Reboot Privateer

in Civ V's original launch, we're treated to a collector's edition box with the game, 3 pewter figures, artbook, a DVD (I think?), and music album CDs.

I was hoping we'll see more of this kind of thing but Civ BE and XCOM2 both didn't come with anything like that. So I'm guess Civ VI won't, too... tis a shame, really.:(

2. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

AFAIK we have only seen the digital release details yet, I have not seen anything about the physical release, there is a Digital Collectors edition, and it is the 25th anniversary of Civ so they may still have something in that regard

3. darko82

darko82 Emperor

I hope to see that figure from the front cover in a physical form. Pretty cool thing to own.

4. kamex

kamex Emperor

Agreed that would be a nice collectable, and not a huge thing to ask for either.

5. Plus Ultra

Plus Ultra Conquistador

Hopefully, if that is the case, those that have already pre-purchased the Digital Collectors edition will have an option to upgrade.

Edit: Now that I think of it, pre-orders can be cancelled. :blush: Not my brightest moment.

6. darko82

darko82 Emperor

Doubtful, but who knows? I don't remember a game that could be upgraded to a Collector's Ed.

7. Reboot

Reboot Privateer

News of the digital releases can be symptomatic of the fact that there isn't a CE though - Civ BE and XCOM2 were announced with their digital editions way in advance and subsequently no evidence of any CE at launch. This is why I'm a bit disappointed - because all signs point to there being no physical CE for Civ VI. :(

8. RadamZee

RadamZee Chieftain

It would be a major bummer if they don't release a CE. I really hope Firaxis puts something together, because I would love to put VI on my shelf next to my CE for V and IV.

9. hugojackson18

hugojackson18 Warlord

Im so disappointed with that too. Even for £100 I would have got it like I got the other ones before

10. Reboot

Reboot Privateer

11. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Emperor

12. SemperFi2382

SemperFi2382 Mitten Marauder

Depends on what you mean by upgraded. There are a lot of games that let you "upgrade" to the deluxe/collector's editions in terms of getting the digital content. For example, Starcraft II allows you to upgrade to the Collector's Edition, but you miss out on the physical items they received, but get all the digital "swag" it came with.