College Basketball

from when bobby kniught started until the mid 90's the big ten had more teams in the final four than the ACC. Illinois, michigan, Iowa,Michigan state and purdue all made it at least once. It was pretty much north carolina, duke and virginia from what I can remember for the ACC, ther big ten dominated nationally and is the only reason we have any kind of stature left at all. You got me on ther big 12, kansas usually always choked. I can't remember who coached them though :)

from when bobby kniught started until the mid 90's the big ten had more teams in the final four than the ACC. Illinois, michigan, Iowa,Michigan state and purdue all made it at least once. It was pretty much north carolina, duke and virginia from what I can remember for the ACC, ther big ten dominated nationally and is the only reason we have any kind of stature left at all. You got me on ther big 12, kansas usually always choked. I can't remember who coached them though :)

Sure, the Big Ten had more final teams, but top to bottom, the ACC is always better. We see that (in the ACC's bad years) in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge. Any ACC game is a losable game for any team. I'd like to see Indiana under Knight go above .750 in the ACC. I can assure you they wouldn't.

well we'll never know, but he knocked off some pretty impressive teams to win his titles. I hate hate the acc big ten challenge. My illni used to be the only team that ever seemed to win. In my opinion I think they choose some peculiar matchups. I can't make any excuses though, you guys own us there.

Blue Devils win. When did black become their second color?

Duke just played a better all-around game. Lawson does make a big difference, I just don't know if he would have last night. Very poor shooting
by the Tar Heel perimeter players. Green and Ellington were off their game,
some of it can be credited to the Duke defense (most were wide-open shots
though). Duke really brings the pressure, both on offense (wide spacing and
excellent wing players) and defense (quick and athletic). Looking forward to
the next couple of meetings :D .

Duke just played a better all-around game. Lawson does make a big difference, I just don't know if he would have last night. Very poor shooting
by the Tar Heel perimeter players. Green and Ellington were off their game,
some of it can be credited to the Duke defense (most were wide-open shots
though). Duke really brings the pressure, both on offense (wide spacing and
excellent wing players) and defense (quick and athletic). Looking forward to
the next couple of meetings :D .

If Lawson was there, UNC wins it...guranteed. Lawson frees up defenders from Ellington, who would make shots early, getting him confidence with each shot. Green as well. And less QT playing time.

Two of my friends who are huge Tar Heel fans weren't at school today. I called them up after school to see if they were still alive after last night's game.

They told me they had bet like $100 with a few people that UNC would win by 15+

Two of my friends who are huge Tar Heel fans weren't at school today. I called them up after school to see if they were still alive after last night's game.

They told me they had bet like $100 with a few people that UNC would win by 15+

Morons. I hate idiotic UNC fans, they disgust me more than idiotic Dookie fans. Seriously, who expects to win by 15+ without your star PG.

The gods of college basketball must want an undefeated season. I thought this was the day Memphis finally lost.

Tonight was the best game we've had in quite a while. Sean Singletary gave an inspired performance in his last home game, scoring his 2000th point on a layup with just a few minutes to go, and a lot of our other players were on as well. And it's always nice to give Maryland a whooping. This was the most fun I've had at a game since VT (or maybe even Duke) last year, and it helped make up (a little, anyway) for what has been a dismal season.

Top Bottom