College Basketball

Red Door

Man of Mayhem
We've got the football thread, now it's time to talk about basketball.

UNC is ranked #1 in the country, as they should be. :mischief:

Gardner-Webb beats Kentucky. Is G-W that goodor is Kentucky a falling program, and faster than we thought?

Is UNC's title hopes this year guranteed, and if not, who will challenge them?

We've got the football thread, now it's time to talk about basketball.

UNC is ranked #1 in the country, as they should be. :mischief:

Gardner-Webb beats Kentucky. Is G-W that goodor is Kentucky a falling program, and faster than we thought?

Is UNC's title hopes this year guranteed, and if not, who will challenge them?

Gardner-Webb was 9-21 last year in the Atlantic Sun conference, the game was at Rupp, Kentucky trailed 14-0 to start and NEVER LEAD in the game!

Ohio St lost to Findley College ( D II school )
Michigan St lost to Grand Valley St ( D II school )

Memo to Big 10-quit scheduling these D II powerhouse in Football & Basketball :lol:

They didnt lose. Those were exhibition games. OSU didn't play their starters for large parts of the game.

Findlay is an Elite Eight-level DII program. Still, there's no way they should be hanging with even Ohio State's scrubs.

UCLA has caught the injury bug. Better sooner than later at least.

Rumor is the ACC is droping the Big 10 from the ACC/Big 10 challange and replacing them the Great Lakes conference ( Grand Valley St & Findlay are members ) for a tougher challange ;)

Findlay is an Elite Eight-level DII program. Still, there's no way they should be hanging with even Ohio State's scrubs.

Yeah, its still an embarassment. Findlay is really good (they could beat Youngstown St, or some of our crappy D1 programs typically), but the Columbus press thinks we have a top 25 team.

We've only had an exhibition so far, a 124-65 drubbing of 10-19 D2 team Carson-Newman. Though it's hard to read much into a game against such weak competition, I came away quite impressed with the youngsters. Zeglinski had pretty good handles and he was always getting his hand on the ball defensively. Jeff Jones has a lot of offensive talent and should be able to contribute right away, and Farrakhan scored his share too. Meyinsse bulked up some and should be a contributor this year, and Calvin Baker (a W&M transfer) will definitely get some solid minutes. Mike Scott didn't play, but some people in the know have been raving about him. It's hard to say for sure, especially after the loss of J.R. Reynolds, but with a lot more depth--especially on the inside--this team could potentially be better than last year's.

My university=potential solid mid-major. Hopefully we'll win the MAC. We have every player returning from last year and a guard who was recruited by MSU and U of M, and is projected to be a first team all MAC player now in his sophomore year (and he is really better then most anyone I've seen in the conference), and a center who's been second-team all MAC for two years running. I'm pretty excited.

Duke--121
North Carolina Central--56

This is the school the girl who accused the Duke Lacrosse of rape went too--think they ran up the score on purpose? :mischief:

yeah, I'm sure they thought that. Oh, NC Central is in their first year of DI competition and was a below-.500 DII school last year. That may have had something to do with it as well.

USC loses to Mercer
Georgia Tech loses to North Carolina Greensboro

Cupcakes unite!!

Northeast-10 Division II Basketball, catch the fever!

Though they play in Westchester, so I wouldn't even know what they're up to.

NC Central was ranked 320th out of 320 teams on Rivals pre-season D1 basketball ranking. That's like Texas playing Centenary...oh wait :mischief:

I think you're thinking of Wilmington, though UNCG has made the tournament a time or two recently.

We had our first game today--we beat Vermont 90-72. Team was ok, not great. Calvin Baker and Jeff Jones impressed, Sammy Zeglinski and Mustapha Farrakhan will need some work, I think. We still don't do that well when Singletary is out of the game. Our defense was sub par, and our FT shooting was not great either.

Top Bottom