Colonialist Legacies' Canadian Dominion for VP

3.0 compatibility posted.
Only balance change is that HBC now gives -1 flat poverty reduction in all cities instead of -10%

Love the synergy this Civ has with statecraft: run internal trade routes to claim all of the land just in time for taking advantage of statecrafts trade run policies. Really didn't expect that the trade routes claim all tiles they pass across, not just tiles in the nearest city's working range. Progress into statecraft makes a lot of sense to get to the Civ's unique unit and building
Really strong civ for a diplomatic victory and it nails the aggressively defensive posture design intent indicated.
Very much enjoy that the kit encourages using spies as diplomats too, its not something I do outside of the end game of a tourism win condition, love civ designs that encourage engaging different parts of the game

removed old rome compatibility and removed the population requirement for the hudson's bay.

When a trade route claims a tile near another city that it didn't originate from, it has some unexpected consequences. In this city, a trade route claimed the sulfur on the right, and the two blue highlighted tiles below them. Since those tiles have no yields, my city can't move a worker on to them and make them active for the city. This is blocking me from buying the Iron that would otherwise be in range. I'll keep an eye on it, but I suspect the city might never be able to organically claim the iron either.

Also, when I improved that same sulfur, it indicated it's benefits were given to my capital instead of the nearby city. Presumably because the capital, from which the trade route originated, owned the tile at the time. This is an interesting and controllable mechanic, although maybe not intended.

1699841491971.png

You should be able to see which city owns the tiles by hovering on them.

The TR claims always go to the capital.

If I’m doubt claim the tiles you want with more TRs by moving roads over those tile to reroute your caravans.

So still, I can't do anything about these snow-covered tiles. I'm trying building something on them so the nearby city can claim them and get to the iron. There's simply no way I can find to transfer ownership of tiles without yields.

Top Bottom