1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Colonialist Legacies' Canadian Dominion for VP

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by pineappledan, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

and then they hit the 100 MB cap and steam workshop say no.

2. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

Not planning on doing that, no. There’s multiple different creators working on multiple different projects. Smashing them together like that would be going too far. Also, as @Enginseer pointed out, file size becomes an issue. Civfanatics only allows for 30MB uploads; Macedon already exceeded this by virtue of having 6 sound files.

Reuploading every civ each time someone brings forward a balance concern in only one also sounds like a hassle

3. HungryForFood

HungryForFood Chieftain

Some of the original civ modders may not like it when you make packs like this. Remember the alternate leaders mod?

It is also an additional file we need to support, which creates more work than is worthwhile.

You can combine mods for your own civ 5 though, using WHowards' mod tool.

4. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Warlord

I'm having a turn I cannot pass. I am uncertain if it's 4UCs, VP's, Canada's or just Civ 5's doing, but this turn always ends unpassable on barbarians turn (so probably when it should switch to Canada). I use base VP, 4UC and Canada. The game's pretty much won anyway, though. I did change the values of happiness a few times, which might've influenced stability as well, but I'm including the savegame anyway. I have logs of the last turn if they're needed too, but they're not included.

My thoughts on updated Canada so far (didn't get Hockey yet, but I do have a few EF) didn't change much. It's very solid later, but the early game is very weak which is pretty unique. I think 4UC Portugal's better at almost everything but Culture so far to a point, but looking at what a Hockey Rink gives Canada'll win every time at that point. I much prefer Nau to Coureur, though, as they're a very similar concept, with one trading a second burst and XP for influence, except Nau's aren't lost on use and are competent in combat (esp. thanks to bonus XP), but Coureur probably isn't underpowered. It's better than the diplomatic units unless you build or borrow all the wonders.
    I went Fealty to get more Food, pop and Supply and I think it is better than Statecraft for my gameplan, especially with Faith of the Masses + Orders to ensure I have tons of faith to faithbuy stuff with. Statecraft with Hudson's + Coureurs would be probably more Gold than is necessary and with how many Pastures there is around me, it wouldn't really be much better in this regard. Authority > Fealty > Imperialism appears to work fine here.

EDIT - got it to pass with Strategic View, which also made the game more stable.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Kim Dong Un likes this.
  5. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

6. XxPun12h3rxX

XxPun12h3rxX Chieftain

Quick question, on all colonalist legacies mods (including this one), and the macedon split, ive been unable to use the 3rd and 4th unique components. i dont know why but they arent showing up. Other civs, including modded ones, work fine tho. How do i fix this?

7. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

It is a dependency problem. You can go into the modinfo file and delete VP modules 1-4 in the dependency list.

Or you could go into 4UCHockeyCEF.sql and replace this:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO Civilization_UnitClassOverrides
            (CivilizationType, UnitClassType, UnitType)
    SELECT    'CIVILIZATION_COLONIALCANADA', 'UNITCLASS_GREAT_WAR_INFANTRY', 'UNIT_JFD_GE_EXPEDITIONARY'
    WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Buildings WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_GERMANY_TEUTONIC_ORDER');

INSERT INTO Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides
            (CivilizationType, BuildingClassType, BuildingType)
    SELECT    'CIVILIZATION_COLONIALCANADA', 'BUILDINGCLASS_STADIUM', 'BUILDING_CANADA_HOCKEY'
    WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Buildings WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_GERMANY_TEUTONIC_ORDER');

with this
    Code:
    INSERT INTO Civilization_UnitClassOverrides
            (CivilizationType, UnitClassType, UnitType)
    VALUES    ('CIVILIZATION_COLONIALCANADA', 'UNITCLASS_GREAT_WAR_INFANTRY', 'UNIT_JFD_GE_EXPEDITIONARY');

INSERT INTO Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides
            (CivilizationType, BuildingClassType, BuildingType)
    VALUES    ('CIVILIZATION_COLONIALCANADA', 'BUILDINGCLASS_STADIUM', 'BUILDING_CANADA_HOCKEY');
    You can do the same thing with Macedon

8. XxPun12h3rxX

XxPun12h3rxX Chieftain

Got it to work. Thx m8.

9. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

10. hokath

hokath Chieftain

By the way, for the Hudson tooltip, there exists [ICON_CULTURE_LOCAL] for border growth points.

pineappledan likes this.
  11. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

12. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

13. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

QOL update for Canada
    Code:
    removed print notifications cluttering the lua log
    UA and HBC now give yields to city garrisons, in addition to units in forts and citadels
    re-worked the notification for HBC. Now fires from UA and accurately summarizes all yields from fortified units

Enrico Swagolo likes this.
  14. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Warlord

Well deserved buff, I was wanting to write about how the civ is just not all that impressive - mostly because the UA's really weak at all points in the game and only a sweetener to Hudson while even the super late game I don't think the civ is the strongest in the game. With the yields counting for city garrisons, it'll make the civ stronger and worth picking. Authority + Imperialism for +supply +garrison yields with focusing Supply buildings so you can put stuff in all the forts is going to stay good, and I already warmongered with the civ for that early citadel so I don't play UA-less before medieval.

Last edited: May 21, 2019