1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World - Colonial and Pre-Colonial Civs

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by Colonialist Legacies, Oct 20, 2016.

1. rhophiehalul78

rhophiehalul78 Chieftain

I love your CIV 5 mods and I will surely anticipate these new ones too!

2. Jonarus_Drakus

Jonarus_Drakus Chieftain

I might be jumping the gun a bit here since I haven't actually finished the course yet... But I am studying for a Cert.4 (mid-level 'trade' certification for non-Australian readers) in "Interactive Digital Media", which includes 2D and 3D modeling (I fully plan on doing the Diploma level next year too).

Anyway, if there is anything a mere learner like me can help with, consider this an 'open offer' to put me to work!

Just a quick link to a little something I made recently (it was a rush job, hence the lack of being 'smoothed off') - http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/art/Timberwolf-3d-639787039
    And another - http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/art/Black-Knight-Photoshoot-611099809

~JD

NycholusV likes this.
  3. hugojackson18

hugojackson18 Warlord

Nice one JD! I really like your building designs

4. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

Ah, interesting as I hadn't really thought of Vietnam as a naval power. It seems rooted historically (if that's your thing), I'm glad you went away from the Viet Kong. Not for political reasons (although there is some validity to possible complaints), it was just weird having an infantry replacement when the rest of the civ's traits model from around the Medieval eras. I look forward to playing Civ6 CL version, I was almost exclusively playing as CL Vietnam in 5 or in RobFXT's Anno Domini mod (he replaces the VC with the Noblewoman UU (pikeman replacement?)

5. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

I've just updated the OP with the team members.

We're essentially playing a waiting game at the moment. At the moment our team is biased towards planning and artistry - so I think we'll be waiting for a few civs to come out at this stage so we can learn the base structure (alongside finding the traits within the code that we want to implement).

With any luck, both!

Thanks mate! I've sent you a PM.

6. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

I was moaning about this the other day, and Scape came up with some swordsmen who immobilised ships - so if all goes well, expect to see them in the next V update :p

7. NycholusV

NycholusV Chieftain

Another problem with the Viet Cong is that the AI was unable to realise that they cannot capture cities. I wonder if the same problem would arise in Civ 6?

8. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

I had an idea for Vietnam UU being a Ranger replacement, with some kind of stealth or jungle ability. They can be used as support or scouting enemy positions when fighting. You could nerf their attack vs. cities or something, but something the AI could use. Rangers can be beelined somewhat mid-game and they don't obsolete at any point as far as I know.
    It connotes the guerilla military identity of Vietnam, I've read articles describing Le Loi camping out for months in the jungles near Chinese encampments all the way back in the Medieval era.

9. Firebug

Firebug Not-so Great Engineer

i do hope you plan on using the Ranger's hat for the Waler Horse unit art.

10. Nite

Nite Chieftain

Will the Water Puppet Pond replace the Amphitheater?

11. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

That is the plan, yes.

12. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

There's a lot of things we can do with the Unit Attachment system, but it would be good to import custom assets where we can.

I'm just hoping that we can have custom animations for unique infrastructure.

13. Xypherenc

Xypherenc Chieftain

I hope you guys don't mind if I ask this. Do you guys have plan for the music for those civ to evolve through out the eras like in the base game?

14. TFeathersB

TFeathersB Chieftain

I would love it if new Civs could have evolving music, but at the same time I'm sure it would be difficult without a dedicated musician on the team.

15. MongolMongol

MongolMongol Great Khan of the Yurts

Actually, I know someone who could help... (If you need)

TPangolin likes this.
  16. OranHarken

OranHarken Warlord

Lester B Pearson's Agenda should be to sell out Anglo-Canadians to the Quebecois and Globalist interests.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2016
  17. retrocity5

retrocity5 The American Monarchist

3D LEADERS HYPE

TPangolin and BrokenSky like this.
  18. Firebug

Firebug Not-so Great Engineer

Are you just gonna post HYPE in every thread or are you gonna say something constructive?

19. Sergean Toad

Sergean Toad Chieftain

After these 3 civs are done , what other colonial or pre-colonial civs will you be adding?

20. retrocity5

retrocity5 The American Monarchist

Sorry