Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

I vote bottom row, number two.

There it is, a-just-a modelled by TP, singing
Ooh, that looks to be a done Dida, you!

Tonedeafgrace is tone deaf...

When I was making my own Afghanistan I struggled wit hwhat to use as an icon myself. I vote for #1 and #4 on the first row, and 1 and 3 on the second row. I chose these because they're more clearly symbols instead of insignia. I think these designs should be simple.

#4 (first row) is the simplest but it also feels...boring. I think if I had to choose one it'd be the very first one. It's a struggle.

The original one was the one on the bottom right, although this one uses the new template which I prefer.

I'm opening up to the public because I like and prefer community input and transparency.

Top the first and third, bottom the second.

By the way how do trade routes work? do they have Movement Points, if the Dida would give trade routes MP if they pass over them will the trade route pathing prioritize going over them?

Top the first and third, bottom the second.

By the way how do trade routes work? do they have Movement Points, if the Dida would give trade routes MP if they pass over them will the trade route pathing prioritize going over them?

Trade Routes provide yields per turn + move a certain distance every turn. If a Caravan moves over 3 Didas in a turn, it will yield 3x Great Writer points.

I do like the idea of Didas boost trade distances like roads do.

Okay, I think my memory is shot, since I remember something like the design on the Assyrian map. In lieu of that, I think what's closest to what I'm thinking of is the first one on the top row

Spoiler :

Trade Routes provide yields per turn + move a certain distance every turn. If a Caravan moves over 3 Didas in a turn, it will yield 3x Great Writer points.

I do like the idea of Didas boost trade distances like roads do.

Hmm, I'm guessing this is anyone's Caravans? I'm wondering if it can be built in neutral territory or not. Since it provides a base yield, I'm guessing not...

It's fun to play "guess how it's coded" with abilities like this, though. I suspect it's somewhat similar to the way the Champa UI works.

Top row number three. It looks majestic.

First or fourth on the top row. First is the cleanest of the bird motif, I think. The fourth on the top looks the most like the actual firaxis civs icon would be. Simple, clean, easily recognizable. And, I assume, appropriate for the civ.

A couple comments here:

1) I would make sure to put the Caravan script on UnitSetXY instead of PlayerDoTurn so that it will trigger all the time and not just if the Caravan happens to be stopped on the tile between turns.
I say this because the old Dida script runs on PDT.

2) I like #1 because of the bird-and-wheat, #4 a lot because it's unique and easily recognized, and #7 because it's an easy version of #8.

I'm curious as to what, if possible, a sort of combination of #1 and #3 would look like.

You mean where the wings become wheat and the tower/stairs stay in the middle?
I suspect busy, but I don't know.

I like the first one on the top row best.

I would have cast my vote for Afghanistan followed by Malaysia, but it seems those are next already. So I voted for Nigeria.

Top Bottom