Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Since Eli dodged what Pouakai said, then it must be what Pouakai said: YEMEN!

I have no plans for a Yemen civ at this stage.

Reposting because of last page syndrome :crazyeye:

The candidates are up! Let me know what you leader you'd like to potentially see in 3D :)

Vote Now!

Note: Vietnam isn't included because of the massive amounts of votes it'd receive :lol:

You want to destroy Jan's beautiful LH for Pearson?!!

Destroy? God no. It's merely up for consideration - and to see where people minds are at.

I wouldn't dare vote for Pearson.

What's spooky is that there are already 24 responses. I wonder how many people just lurk here but don't post.

On an unrelated note, I've just discovered that the mediafire download of the Cree uses a really old leader scene from early development and not the final Poundmaker art :|.

I had it uploaded, but it looks like I forgot to update the link in the OP.

Try this out :)

On an unrelated note, I've just discovered that the mediafire download of the Cree uses a really old leader scene from early development and not the final Poundmaker art :|.

Yeah, I always thought it was weird that the leader scene didn't match up with the rest of Poundmaker's art. Guess I know why it is like it is now.

On another note, C'MON THANADELTHUR!

In other news, I've just started trying out Afghanistan. I've already found a minor problem with the mod: there's no information on what the Kalle is or what it does on the DoM screen after the game loads, meaning you have to go and check the pedia to see what it does. It's a minor detail, but it's still something that should be fixed. Sorry if this was already brought to your attention.

I could mention that even 3D leaderscenes have a fallback image... though admittedly it's usually just a screenshot of the 3D leader, it could be Jan's art too...

Well... it should...

I'm not sure strength next to mountains is working for Afghanistan. They're getting the "heal 50 hp instantly" promotion instead.

Here's some teases for upcoming CL:First Nations civs!

I'm halfway through building The Wabanaki. Gameplay focus: Faith from expansionism. Get Luxury Resources from outside your borders. Convert en masse to foreign religions for great bonuses.

Things are really heating up with The Salish. Gameplay focus: Making money and getting Golden Ages. During Golden Ages, the city states all want to be with you.

Coming soon, the elusive Beothuk. This extinct race will be acquiring technology from Antiquity Sites long before anyone else can learn Archaeology.

And finally, The Anishinaabe. These guys are in a design flux right now, but as soon as I can give details about them, they'll be coming out in a real hurry. Watch this space.

Afghanistan updated! Although it doesn't fix the +1 Food for EVERY adjacent Mountain bug, we've fixed a few other things like Mountain Promotions and the leaderscreen bug.

---

Here's some teases for upcoming CL:First Nations civs!

I'm halfway through building The Wabanaki. Gameplay focus: Faith from expansionism. Get Luxury Resources from outside your borders. Convert en masse to foreign religions for great bonuses.

Things are really heating up with The Salish. Gameplay focus: Making money and getting Golden Ages. During Golden Ages, the city states all want to be with you.

Coming soon, the elusive Beothuk. This extinct race will be acquiring technology from Antiquity Sites long before anyone else can learn Archaeology.

And finally, The Anishinaabe. These guys are in a design flux right now, but as soon as I can give details about them, they'll be coming out in a real hurry. Watch this space.

Neirai confirmed as hypemaster.

Juarez, Pearson, and Rizal would be the easiest to find voice actors for.

I can't find a lot of good Iñupiaq resources at the present to write lines with. Among Native American languages we'd probably have best luck with the Cree. Haven't checked Dené resources.

Xhosa would have good resources were Mandela to speak Xhosa.

Hm... the Wabanaki sounds similarish to the Anangu by description, I assume they work inversely, one benefits from faith from expansion and the other expands from faith.

Also, would Juarez speak spanish or zapotec?

Destroy? God no. It's merely up for consideration - and to see where people minds are at.

I wouldn't dare vote for Pearson.

Now I feel bad for voting for him... :blush: Can I switch my vote from him to Poundmaker? :p

Using a Lua code for detecting if one or more mountains were adjacent to the Kalle so you can add the food and gold afterwards isn't possible?

I'm not sure strength next to mountains is working for Afghanistan. They're getting the "heal 50 hp instantly" promotion instead.

I doubt they're actually healing 50 HP, though... I suspect somebody attempted hidden promotions without modding UnitPanel.lua to make it possible... since the Insta Heal promotion only appears in those sorts of lua oddities...

Also, would Juarez speak spanish or zapotec?

The question is easier to answer than Mandela's case. Benito's first langage is Zapotec, but he engaged with everybody in Spanish, and Spanish is the language we associate with Mexico. It's more like Catherine's case (who was a German by birth).

A bigger pitfall would be Benito's accent. Mexico is a big place, and a speaker from, say, Monterrey would talk different from a Guadalajaran. Juarez is from Oaxaca, but it's probably best to err in the side of caution and go with a neutral accent, the equivalent of the Queen's English used in Latin American media (due to Televisa's huge influence). I think it's a Mexico City accent, but I am not sure.

Top Bottom