Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

I guess we ask /r/AskHistorians, they'd have a plethora of answers. Regarding Mandela (who's in the lead) - I think we should pull a Beyond Earth and make him speak with a hybrid. If we make him speak English, I'm actually pretty sure Charlatan can pull off a really good accent without hamming it up.

I'm actually pretty sure Charlatan can pull off a really good accent without hamming it up.

I really don't think you should reuse the same voice actor as Australia. He did a fantastic job, but it was already somewhat distracting that he also seems to voice everyone's DoMs. I think having him voice two leaders (when those are the only two custom leaders with voices) would be pushing it.

Hence why I said I advocate the former of the two options. Alas though - and I've said this before... in terms of voice actors, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. If we ever come to it.

The more pertinent question - are people voting multiple times, or are there 66 legitimate responses? :lol:

Would there be any chance of doing voiced, but not animated leader screens? I've been playing with leaders on minimum lately for a YNAEMP game, and I noticed they still talk, even when they're a still image.

There's something inherently spooky about a disembodied voice talking at you. I'll keep it in the back of my mind until there is a massive demand.

I see the Zapotecs are up next. Will that Zombie-maker-guy replace the Inquisitor or Missionary?

The Inquisitor! I guess we subtly wanted to remove all the Spanish influence from the Zapotecs :p

Pedias, but we've got that covered :)

Also some graphics here and there.

Soon™ :)

yay! Zapotecs coming soon™!
wait, what you mean ™?! as in the pangolianisticly annoying period of time we should wait? whhhhy?! whhhhhhhhy?!!?!!!!?!?!?!?
(but... but i love zombies :()

Poundmaker was one of my votes because I want to see him declaring war on me to the sound of Run to the Hills on the violin.

Using a Lua code for detecting if one or more mountains were adjacent to the Kalle so you can add the food and gold afterwards isn't possible?

It's probably possible, but it looks like there was a miscommunication in coding. We intended to do something like that, it's just the code was never made :(

Not to Ekmek, but I got plenty of messages from the Parkes release asking about 3D Leaderscreen creation :)

And then there's always Civitar!

Another thing to note, according to Ekmek - is that if you know how to convert units and port them into Civ V, then essentially you know leaderscreens since they have the same underlying basics.

Hum, that's interesting. Personally I wonder if it'd be possible to import IGC Models from Age of Empires 3. That'd certainly bring quite a few interesting options...

Here's a few parts for the Zapotec unit. I labelled them as Mixtec for accuracy, but it's the right parts here. There's the mask, the hat, and the collar thingy.

Amazing! This is going to be great :)

Top Bottom