Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

What if you could make City-States fight all your wars for you?
What if spies could open the gates of enemy cities to let you in?

Sounds like a good UA for an Odysseus-led Civ ;)

PS: Having all the Civs that try to denounce him say "Nobody is a threat!" would be pretty funny, too.

I think we should focus on internal trade. Zimbabwe and other successor kingdoms were known for facilitating the coastal to interior trade. This can be represented using internal trade routes, or even something like the new Caral civ, except with more classical/medieval gold than food. I think we should focus on representing the Kingdom of Zimbabwe, Mutapa, Rozwi, and we should leave the colonial era to Rhodesia from Kramer. The postcolonial era...probably should be left alone because it's a mess.

EDIT: I think Natan's barking up the right tree. I'm not usually into unique NWs but it could work here! The only problem with it that I have is that it could be too similar to Afghanistan, being a tall trade empire. We should keep that in mind.

Wuf!wuf! I mean....
Zimbabwe should be focused on various yields from trade routes(production and food from international trade routes and gold from domestic ones). It also should have references to the great Zimbabwe(effects: east India company, only it also gives food and production in addition to the gold, and massively increases city strength).
Also, something that gives culture. Perhaps the UA.

The only reason that I don't want culture is because it'd be culture/trade like Afghanistan. Though I won't actually complain until we actualy make a design.

I think we have 4 options for Great Zimbabwe:
Unique national wonder like Natan said, which would be new among CL, MC, PG and JFD civs
Integrated into the UA
A generic UB, so it'd be builder everywhere but weaker.
Or we could leave it out entirely because it should be a Wonder.

What if you could make City-States fight all your wars for you?

What about a UA that made spies not have to flee cities you're at war with... and then you get a bonus when fighting cities with your spy in them...

The only reason that I don't want culture is because it'd be culture/trade like Afghanistan. Though I won't actually complain until we actualy make a design.

I think we have 4 options for Great Zimbabwe:
Unique national wonder like Natan said, which would be new among CL, MC, PG and JFD civs
Integrated into the UA
A generic UB, so it'd be builder everywhere but weaker.
Or we could leave it out entirely because it should be a Wonder.

This is what i've made for Monomotapa.
Spoiler :

All my first civs had a Unique Wonder, but several civfanatics told me it was a bad choice. now i'm reworking them one by one to remove this unique wonders.

Zimbabwe has to be focus on Gold too. They are known for their exchanges of gold against Glas Pearls through the coastal city of Sofala. You could also use the famous golden Rhino as a great work :)

Extremely high.

CL crew, thanks for making the digger avaliable for purchase with faith for all civs. :)

I cant imagine playing 60-civ YNAEMP game at all...

I think the inclusion of a "Zimbabwe" as a Unique Building shouldn't really impact the inclusion of Great Zimbabwe as a Wonder elsewhere. However, I do maintain that the Zimbabwean UU should be non-Rhodesian, but I like the idea of a Selous Scout-based Decision.

Why? Its one of the things that represent Zimbabwe the most.

The same could be said for Egypt and the Pyramids. Great Zimbabwe is deserving of Wonder status on a World stage. But as Rawsasquatch said, having a generic zimbabwe as a UB, with the Great Zimbabwe as World Wonder, would be acceptable to me.

Any other UU suggestions?

Great Zimbabwe could be a CulDiv wonder for the Bantu. Totalitarian has The Motherland Calls, after all.

Good, good. Can't imagine playing a 60-civ YNAEMP game without any of the fantastic CL civs. Pretty much all of them are mainstays in my games (with the exception of Mexico, as they overlap with the Aztecs and it's not pretty).

How do you even make a 60 civ YnAEMP game?

Top Bottom