Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Vietnam is blessed with having many good candidates as a leader.

I like the idea of the Trung Sisters too. Their story is really neat and we need more woman leaders for nations.

But the biggest reason, is the idea of woman in armor riding elephants is hot! This is one mod you guys should go all out with for the art!

As for others, maybe they can be a special appearance. Like a possible name for a great general? There are many ways to make a nod to them.

Further to the discussion on compatability with Communitas.

Just tried Canada and Australia.
Canada works fine, no issues, though the unit icon for the Garrison Artillery did throw me at first. It is supposed to be the same as the settler flag icon?

As for Australia. The new units the Prime Minister and the Worker need to have a CombatClass set, even if they never appear to use it.
Just add in
Code:
<CombatClass>UNITCOMBAT_CIVILIAN</CombatClass>
to both of them and the production queue will work as normal.

Lastly, to help calm my OCD somewhat, can you rename all the modinfo files and change the name of the mods for all the civs to match the format of this thread.

Australia & Canada are just their name featuring the leader whereas Philippines & Mexico are much more organized with the format:
[BNW] Colonialist Legacies - civname

@Demon - I think the Peace theme might need a better I don't know... melody? I feel it's a bit contrasty to what we currently have in the civ game. Likewise with the War theme. Also doesn't help that those videos are only 240p (and you can certinly hear that they are low in quality).

@Scape - That sounds awesome.... I'm still not swayed though since the SfA music is just so good :) We could just go for Baba Yetu lol. We still need War music though.

Thanks Expired - the name thing has been bugging me to. We'll certainly do it in the next update!

I'd like some feedback for this please. (OP? Not OP? etc.)

---​
Anangu Aboriginals (Ngankali Punari)
Start Bias: Desert
Colours: Brown/Orange
UA: Tjukuritja - Cannot found a Religion, instead :c5faith: Faith per turn contributes towards border expansion. Cities founded on desert tiles gains points towards a :c5goldenage: Golden Age. Upon entering a :c5goldenage: Golden Age, choose a unique "Dreamtime Bonus".
UB: Bora Ring - +1 :c5faith: Faith and +1 :c5culture: Culture. Land Units trained in a city with a Bora Ring start with the Survivalism I promotion unlike the Monument which it replaces.
UU: Warmala - Available at agriculture and can move over deserts twice as fast unlike the Archer it replaces. If the Warmala is the first to discover a Natural Wonder, a Settler appears on the tile on which the Warmala is present.

I like it, I think the lack of a religion is offset by the settlers appearing near NWs.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

I really like the Faith = Culture Border expansion mechanic personally. I can imagine late game cities would and can expand super fast.

Mmmm, yes. I like it too. I also like the idea of a Monument opener, though I think the Bora Ring should be +2 :c5culture: rather than +1. Maybe it's just me, though. Also, if your Warmala finds the Fountain of Youth, you're laughing, so I'd really be wary of facing them on Deity. Especially considering the amount of happiness bonuses the AI gets. =]

What kind of bonuses are the Dreamtime Bonuses? Are they analogous to the bonuses from religions?

Hey about my question, sorry for asking it again but I was playing as Mexico and noticed that Mexico's unique improvement and unique unit was missing their textures.
Also i couldn't view my culture screen at any time during the game while i had the mods installed
If you could help me with these problems, I'd be grateful.

What kind of bonuses are the Dreamtime Bonuses? Are they analogous to the bonuses from religions?

Yeep. Stuff like Songlines : x% :c5faith: Faith from city connections.

Open to suggestions if anyone wants a cool bonus included for the "Dreamtime".

Hey about my question, sorry for asking it again but I was playing as Mexico and noticed that Mexico's unique improvement and unique unit was missing their textures.
Also i couldn't view my culture screen at any time during the game while i had the mods installed
If you could help me with these problems, I'd be grateful.

What mods did you have installed at the time? That's really interesting regarding the UU and UI - what version of civ are you running (DX9/DX11) and do you have BNW installed?

Well I've got BNW, R.E.D mod pack,faster air craft animations and strange religions as well as your Australian, Canadian and Mexican civ. I'm not sure which version I'm running, I don't really know how to differentiate the two (DX9/DX11), but I haven't updated in a while, and I still have landsknecht as a German UU. Also I'm on a Mac if it helps

Might need to update the base game then. I'm not sure it works on games prior to the Fall Patch.

Hi TPangolin! Amezing jobs with all the new mods.

I have small problem with your mods. I downloaded directly all colonial legacies mods, and just a Republic of Mexico is "install" after putting a .civ5mod file to direct MODS folder.

Australia and philipines didn't install at all. It ist just a file .civ5mod in folder and nothing happens. I tried almost everything: cuting, pasting, unpacking, repacking, redownloading and so on and always happend the same: nothing.

Did you maybe know, what is wrong? I cannot find similar problem on CivFanatics...

Glad you are enjoying the mods :)

The surefire 100% way method of installing them is to download 7zip. If you already have 7zip installed - right click that .civ5mod file and extract it to it's own folder. It should then appear in your Mods select screen!

Here are some ideas for Dreamtime Bonuses:-

Kurunba: Gain an amount of :c5production: Production in a random City equal to the total yield of all tiles (no matter what the tile gives) worked by that city every time a Social Policy is adopted.

Emu In The Sky: Observatories may be built in cities up to two tiles away from a mountain.

Riji: Sea Resources generate +3 :c5faith: Faith per turn.

And so on. =]

Love all the stuff for the Anangu, they sound pleasantly unique. And I'm also in support of the Trungs, by the way, can't wait to see them. Though I wonder how titles will work for them. I hope it's customizable, because "Lady Trung Sisters" or "Trung Sisters the Great" would just be weird.

Anangu Aboriginals (Ngankali Punari)
Start Bias: Desert
Colours: Brown/Orange
UA: Tjukuritja - Cannot found a Religion, instead Faith per turn contributes towards border expansion. Cities founded on desert tiles gains points towards a :c6goldenage: Golden Age. Upon entering a Golden Age, choose a unique "Dreamtime Bonus".
UB: Bora Ring - +1 Faith and +1 Culture. Land Units trained in a city with a Bora Ring start with the Survivalism I promotion unlike the Monument which it replaces.
UU: Warmala - Available at agriculture and can move over deserts twice as fast unlike the Archer it replaces. If the Warmala is the first to discover a Natural Wonder, a Settler appears on the tile on which the Warmala is present.

Great idea! But a lot of interesting issues come up. First off not being able to get a religion can be crippling, that might be ok for the Anangu, because in it's place they get a Dreamtime belief. But how does this work? Do they get a new dreamtime belief every time they have a golden age? Will a dreamtime belief be worth not being able to get their own religion?

What are all the Dreamtime beliefs? Religious beliefs are something that interesting stratgies can come up around. Dreamtime beliefs should be the same, in that players can come up with interesting strats with that.

They get a Dreamtime bonus upon entering a Golden Age. Faith now is really for border growth and purchasing GP. Dreamtime bonuses are going to be pretty powerful and hopefully unique. We are not sure what to have for them but we are going to include 6-8 options. We want to make them fairly powerful early game but less powerful late game.

If anyone has suggestions of cool mechanics - let us know.

I have another ideal of UA:

UA: Tjukuritja - Cannot found a Religion, instead Faith per turn contributes towards border expansion. Cities founded on desert tiles gains points towards a :c5goldenage: Golden Age. Upon entering a Golden Age, choose a unique "Dreamtime Bonus". The first Golden Age come when you discover Philosophy

About Dreamtimes - can you explain exactly how it works ?

P/s: Have the new release of 3 nations (bug fix) on air yet ?

P/s 2: So hype to play VietNam

It's really, really, really self explanatory.

Golden Age occurs = pick a bonus. Another GA occurs = pick another bonus.

Adding the Philosophy thing I think is unnecessary since desert cities already contribute points.

Top Bottom